Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys Thread: Ancient Ys Discussed Series

1. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    What's awesome about the version of Ys I & II coming to Steam is that it's even better than any of the previous Japanese PC versions. According to this post, it's going to have the wider viewing area of the earlier Complete release as well as all the options in the PC port of the Chronicles release (which was crippled by being a bare-bones PSP port, complete with that version's limited screen area).
    Hey guys this is out now and largely slick as shit.

2. I bought this! And yeah, it's pretty hot. More Falcom on PC pls.

Love me some Ys.

4. I bought Ys Chronicles +, but am having some trouble. I'm getting a phantom up-left input even without moving the joystick, making it impossible to get Adol out of Dr. Bludo's clinic. So, he gets stuck by the bed and window. Anyone else facing this issue? I'm using a Hori RAP EX-SE 360 stick.

This is I-know-you-already-tried-this advice, but make sure it's not the stick itself that's drifting. If you're in Windows 7, just search for "set up usb game controllers" while in Control Panel, and make sure you don't see it doing that in the setup. If you do, either unplug and replug it (you may have had the stick tilted when you plugged it in, which can mess things up) or use the calibrate option.

6. Also: Turn on 8-way movement in the Ys options. Unless you really want analog for some reason.

7. If I unplug the EX-SE, the drifting does not happen. Playing with the keyboard works OK. But on Control Panel's setup, the EX-SE's stick is seen as a POV hat and not analog- so this comes as a shock. No other controllers are plugged in- just this one.

This is the only game I've had that issue with while using the EX-SE.

8. Does it have a switch for the stick to register as either the analog or a d-pad? Did you try swapping that if it does?

9. I'm not sure about his controller but the game has an option that converts analog input into digital. So if it's just a minor drift, it might not register once you set it to 8-way. I feel like digital input makes the crazy battle system easier.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Does it have a switch for the stick to register as either the analog or a d-pad? Did you try swapping that if it does?
    Nope, the HRAP EX-SE doesn't have that.

Just now, I tried plugging a Thrustmaster T-Mini gamepad (like a PS2 controller with D-Pad & dual analog) into one of the other USB ports, and chose it in the config menu instead of the EX-SE. Now there's ZERO trouble with this one, even using the analog stick. Movement is turned to 8-way. Problem partially solved- just gotta use the T-Mini. Lovin' this game now.

Now it's even more baffling why YsC+ doesn't seem to play nice with the Xbox 360 HRAP EX-SE.