Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 616181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys Thread: Ancient Ys Discussed Series

1. This is why I don't like posting from my phone.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    i can't get into SMT or Dragon Quest on iPhone because i can't deal with the touch controls. I'm trying but it's not working.

if Vita or 3DS had Line i wouldn't even need a phone
    I mean SMT could be great with touch controls but they didn't redesign the interface for touch. It just had a big nasty virtual control pad. This made it doubly awful if you tried to play on iPad.

3. Napishtim has a confirmed release date of 4/28 for Steam & GOG. For the first week it's 15% off of the $19.99 regular price. This version will have widescreen resolutions, and also a Catastrophe mode which is like Felghana or Origin in how the healing items work.

4. Came across this while googling the series and reading more information about it. Long read but some interesting bits in it.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/ys/ys.htm
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

That isn't the first place you go to learn about a series? It likely should be.

6. I'm like 90% done with Ys I now. First the mirror mazes can fuck right the hell off, and holy shit I heard Darm tower was big, but it's EASILY like half the game.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Ys II does something similar with its final dungeon, which dwarfs even Darm Tower. Enjoy the intermission cutscenes!

8. Just finished book 1, those intermission cutscenes were awesome! Specially the part when Adol looked like a glowing erect penis flying to the heavens.
    Where I play

9. The only version that matters: Ys Book I & II.