Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys Thread: Ancient Ys Discussed Series

Ohhh yeah, ok, and that's going to be the PSV game. Awesome.

That should make Melf happy.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    The PSP release of Ys I and II was the first Ys game and possibly the first Falcom RPG I'd ever played. I pretty much loved everything about it.
    Yeah, same here. I'm pretty damn hooked now. Makes riding the train to and from work SO much more tolerable!

So, the checklist for recent American releases is I&II, Felghana (III), VI, and Seven, right? Man, I should grab VI before it gets crazy rare.

Someone play VI on the PSP and tell me if it's worth buying over the PS2 version. I've heard it has some pretty bad loading times, but I tend to forgive shit like that more than most.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Thanks for dropping some knowledge bombs, No One.

5. Turbo Ys III would be the best version if it wasn't for the awful background scrolling. This game reminds me that I had way too much time in the younger days. Literally beat the Turbo, SNES, Genesis, and Famicom versions. Saving Oath for a rainy day.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Someone play VI on the PSP and tell me if it's worth buying over the PS2 version. I've heard it has some pretty bad loading times, but I tend to forgive shit like that more than most.
    It does look worse than the PS2 version which pales before the PC release.

7. I recently beat the Genesis version of III, and aside from the music being nowhere near as godly as the Turbo game, I really liked it. The graphics are solid, and the music is quite good. I prefer it to the SNES version.

I've been trying to get my English-patched burn of Ys IV to run in Magic Engine or on my modbox, but it's a major pain in the ass to get Turbo CDs to run in anything but original hardware.

Can you load the disc image into Daemon tools or something? That's usually what I do when testing a patched iso.

9. I totally forgot about VI, and didn't know it was on PSP (I no longer have a PS2 since my fat PS3 died).
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com