Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys Thread: Ancient Ys Discussed Series

1. Hopefully the Chinese PC port of Ys Seven will turn out well and be localized by Xseed.

Unfortunately, the website's 480x272 screenshots come from the PSP version at least for now. Earlier, Joyoland has also done Zero no Kiseki. While the graphics are nice it's said to have some sound issues and bad SecuROM 8 DRM with an Ubisoft style "constant connection" requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I recently beat the Genesis version of III, and aside from the music being nowhere near as godly as the Turbo game, I really liked it. The graphics are solid, and the music is quite good. I prefer it to the SNES version.

I've been trying to get my English-patched burn of Ys IV to run in Magic Engine or on my modbox, but it's a major pain in the ass to get Turbo CDs to run in anything but original hardware.
    Ys 3 redbook is the most amazing music your ears will ever hear. YS IV is also great you really don't need a patch to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    It does look worse than the PS2 version which pales before the PC release.
    Is the PC version an option for English speakers?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox View Post
    I totally forgot about VI, and didn't know it was on PSP (I no longer have a PS2 since my fat PS3 died).

It's easy to miss, it wasn't released by XSeed like the others and it's also not available on PSN. They really need to put it on PSN, I'm done buying UMDs unless they are $5 or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. Well, its over your budget; but when gamestop has it it is $7 for psp.

My gamestop sucks for used PSP stuff. Still, I'll keep an eye out!

Does anyone have the Ys music box?

8. My brother and I had Ys on the SMS. I remember the day we finally beat Dark Dekt. We called the game "wise".

I beat a few of the others that came out around the genesis/SNES time frame. I remember putting a rubber band around the SNES controller and leaving the dude in a cave to smash bats throughout the night to max xp.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Really Dark Fact is the coolest boss ever the SMS port got a lot of names wrong but still a good port.

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Thanks for dropping some knowledge bombs, No One.
    It's my favorite series ever, so I'll take any opportunity I can find to blather about it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I recently beat the Genesis version of III, and aside from the music being nowhere near as godly as the Turbo game, I really liked it. The graphics are solid, and the music is quite good. I prefer it to the SNES version.

I've been trying to get my English-patched burn of Ys IV to run in Magic Engine or on my modbox, but it's a major pain in the ass to get Turbo CDs to run in anything but original hardware.
    I prefer the Genesis port of Ys III to the SNES one as well. The music is more in line with the original PC release and it controls better. Really, if you could add the Turbo's soundtrack, you'd have the definitive version of the game.

Strange that you're having an issue with Magic Engine running IV. I've played both the disc version and a mounted iso of the translation, and each worked perfectly.