Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys Thread: Ancient Ys Discussed Series

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It's easy to miss, it wasn't released by XSeed like the others and it's also not available on PSN. They really need to put it on PSN, I'm done buying UMDs unless they are $5 or less.
    I still buy UMDs since they're always cheaper than PSN prices and then I have the option of letting a friend borrow it or selling it and getting some money back for it.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox View Post
    It is only $15, what price are you looking for?
    Yeah I was wondering this myself. How cheap do you want it? >_>
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. $2 would be good.

5. lol, didn't notice the price was $15 since I only saw the logo and didn't check the actual listing. I figured it was full priced or something. $15 is cheap enough for me to grab now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Is the PC version an option for English speakers?
    Yes, it is. There's an English patch: http://www.figlidigaucci.eu/index.php?pid=19

7. Huh, so according to Wikipedia (lol), Ys Origin is coming to Steam in the future as well. It's great to see Falcom finally get some proper exposure over here.

Most companies need to stop with the constant remaking. With Falcom, it's "More, please."

9. They really beat it to death, too. I'm pretty sure Ys I and II have appeared in some form on every electronic device ever created. It helps that the games are just that good, so I don't mind revisiting them to see what's changed and hear new versions of those iconic tunes. Oath was a major overhaul though, to the point that it's more or less a completely new game.

I think a lot of older gamers may have been Falcom fans without even knowing it, since they were responsible for several excellent NES/Gen/SNES-era games like Faxanadu, Legacy of the Wizard and Popful Mail.