Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys Thread: Ancient Ys Discussed Series

1. Chronologically within the series timeline, it goes:

Ys Origin
    Ys I
    Ys II
    Ys IV (the SFC version is considered canon, although there's finally a proper version coming that's being developed in-house by Falcom for the Vita)
    Ys III/Ys: The Oath in Felghana (both games tell the same story, they just differ in their presentation/gameplay)
    Ys V
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
    Ys Seven

Edit: Ys I and II are often bundled together because they're two halves of the same complete story. Chronicles for the PSP is the latest example.
    Last edited by No One; 27 May 2012 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks for that. The idea of III and Felghana is very unique and definitely added to my confusion.

No One, I have the best possible equipment, but I'm only at level 36, that's probably my problem. At best I can get his life halfway down, but the bastard can kill me in 4 hits.

I beat Ys II, moved on to Felghana. I wasn't sure about the addition of 3d, jumping, and actually hitting a button to attack, but holy fuck is this fun, and I'm just in the first mine.

After playing both Chronicles and Felghana on both a PSP 3000 and a Vita, i'd say Chronicles is better on PSP and Felghana is better on Vita. Chronicles is a beautiful game, but it looks kinda ugly on the Vita. Felghana looks good on both, but the bigger screen and better analog stick on the Vita wins.

5. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Chronologically within the series timeline, it goes:

Ys Origin
    Ys I
    Ys II
    Ys III/Ys: The Oath in Felghana (both games tell the same story, they just differ in their presentation/gameplay)
    Ys IV (the SFC version is considered canon, although there's finally a proper version coming that's being developed in-house by Falcom for the Vita)
    Ys V
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
    Ys Seven

Edit: Ys I and II are often bundled together because they're two halves of the same complete story. Chronicles for the PSP is the latest example.
    Ys IV actually is in between II & III within the timeline, being 2 years after II's events. Adol leaves Minea early in both the PCE & SFC versions.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Ys IV actually is in between II & III within the timeline, being 2 years after II's events. Adol leaves Minea early in both the PCE & SFC versions.
    Yeah, my bad. Edited to reflect this.

Might be old news for you guys:

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Box
    Nihon Falcom announced Ys: Celceta Sea of Trees, a remake of Ys IV, will arrive in Japan on Sep 27, for 7140 yen.

8. It is, but you're still a gentleman and friend to all manatees for thinking of TNL's Ys fans. Sounds like XSeed is already on board to bring it over here, and it'll play similarly to Ys Seven. People have been bitching that the graphics in the trailer aren't up to the Vita's standards; apparently having never played a Falcom game before.

What?

The game looks like it has a bigger budget than any Falcom game ever made. People talking shit.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. To be fair, it does look like a higher-res PS2 game based on what little they've shown, but I don't really understand going into a new Falcom game expecting cutting edge graphics. They've always been a small developer that produce charming, fun games with rad soundtracks. No more, no less.