Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11212324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys Thread: Ancient Ys Discussed Series

1. I thought I would drop an update here. I did finish Ys III on PCE, but my Duo stopped spinning CDs half way through the ending so it went back to be worked on. Sounds like it's finally coming back to me! My biggest take away from Ys III was that it was kind of a boss rush game. There's almost double the amount of bosses in compared to the other games in the series I played. It was alright, I just wish there was more game and less boss fights.

Anyway I also started V on SNES, I know this is another one that's really the black sheep of the series. I don't know if it's because it only got a fan translation like 18 - 24 months ago, but people don't seem to really talk about it at all. Initial impressions from just under 2 hours of gameplay, is that it's HEAVILY influenced by what Square was doing with the Final Fantasy, and Secret of series. Specially in the visuals and menus.

Anyone else play it? Once I get my Duo back I'm finally going to jump in IV on that.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

This thread needs to be added to SSJN's compilation, simply because it is nearly impossible to find due to the two character series name.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. I was going to, but I can't edit the first post. Think if I reported your post with the reason being "do as Yoshi asks" it would help it get noticed and not make someone mad because that's not what reporting is for?

That editing issue is ridiculous. Maybe a mod will see this discussion without having to report it.

5. Let's start shit talking, then BK will pop in a few days later.

Bumped that thread with the link, I'm sure someone will get to it sooner or later.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 17 Jul 2017 at 04:06 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Let's start shit talking, then BK will pop in a few days later.

Bumped that thread with the link, I'm sure someone will get to it sooner or later.

If you want me to edit the 1st post or change the title just pm me for fuck's sake...

You can also ask Chux or Mzo to do something also. I'm not the only active mod here.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 17 Jul 2017 at 06:50 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. Chux is unreliable and Mzo is never around.
    I...never thought to just pm you, lol.

8. (45 minutes later and the link still isn't added)

9. I do wish this looked a little better. Outside of the cleaner 2D elements everything else looks like the PSP game running on PPSSPP, with some filters in place.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    (45 minutes later and the link still isn't added)
    I can't find the link you're looking for. Did you want me to just add your link to the 1st post or merge the threads? Sorry for the slow reply. Been busy doing a lot of work so checking here off and on.

@ John, I totally finished the PSP version and loved every minute of it. It was a long time since I got sucked into a good game like that.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 17 Jul 2017 at 09:17 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL