Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12222425262728 LastLast

Thread: Ys Thread: Ancient Ys Discussed Series

1. I'm playing through the PSP version now. I started on an actual PSP, but moved to playing it through PPSSPP, the ghosting on that PSP LCD was driving me crazy. If I had one of the PSPs that does video out I would have played it that way. I'd say I'm somewhere around 1/3 - 1/2 of the way through it and really like it so far.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. This is not being made from the Joyoland port that already exists, but it's completely new work. I'm with Johnpv on wishing it looked a little better. A HR texture pack for it would be nice.

I wouldn't doubt that they're doing Celceta also (probably late this year or in early 2018?).
    The Chinese PC version of Celceta isn't too good unless you mod it (that translation patch which also adds in some lighting effects that were formerly Vita exclusive). XSEED would not stand for such a low quality port and would likely rather do a new, more graphically accurate one.
    Hopefully NISA's translation of Ys 8 will be decent. Well, they did change "Serpentus: Merciless Shivering Vase" to "Serpentus: Merciless Herald of Sorrow".

3. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I can't find the link you're looking for. Did you want me to just add your link to the 1st post or merge the threads? Sorry for the slow reply. Been busy doing a lot of work so checking here off and on.

@ John, I totally finished the PSP version and loved every minute of it. It was a long time since I got sucked into a good game like that.
    I bumped the "knowledge" thread with the link that should be added to the list in the first post. So look at the last post in the thread and copy/posta my man.

4. Ys Seven on PC, running at 60 FPS. NOT 30. Very good, but could use some higher res textures (like I said, a community mod could take care of that). Besides Steam it's coming to GOG & The Humble Store.

5. Yeah an HD texture pack would do wonders for the game. I don't even mind the lower poly models so much, but the textures are ridiculously low res.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

It does look like a really awesome Dreamcast game.

7. Ys Celceta gets a release date for PC

XSEED has announced the release date for the PC version of Ys Memories of Celceta. 7/25.
    Hyde, the developers of Ys Seven's PC port, are making this. Day one.

8. I wish they did more with these PC ports. Outside of the 2D character artwork elements being higher resolution it basically what I would imagine the Vita game looking like running on an emulator. Same was true for the Ys VII PC port.
    Where I play

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I wish they did more with these PC ports. Outside of the 2D character artwork elements being higher resolution it basically what I would imagine the Vita game looking like running on an emulator. Same was true for the Ys VII PC port.
    True. While it'll have 60 FPS & uncapped resolution, Celceta PC could really use a HD texture pack. Some modder out there may take care of that, just like Ys 7.

10. I'll just add here, any one else play through Ys VIII? Fantastic game and highly recommend it if you haven't.
    Where I play