Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DuckTales NES Moon theme

DuckTales NES Moon theme

There are some things from are youth that are better left alone. That, like anti matter, if touched by our adult selves self destruct.

And yet some things stand the test of time and bring us back to our childhood in mere seconds.

One such thing is the moon stage song from Duck takes on the nes

and if all the covers are any inclination, many feel the same way

Last edited by Fe 26; 03 Jul 2009 at 11:03 PM.

The moon music is, hands down, one of the best video game songs ever written.

3. Truth

[edit]

I actually like the lyrics they made up in that last one but the dude "singing" was fucking horrible.
    Last edited by Timber; 03 Jul 2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. That music just gave me one hell of a third grade flashback. And yes, it holds up very, very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

The original kills all those other ones. And yes, this is probably why I liked the game so much as a kid.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Gives me the same shivers Donkey Kong Country 2 music gives me. Hearing this and playing Gradius Rebirth makes me wonder why more devs don't go hella old school in their compositions these days.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

7. Orchestral scores and licensed music pretty much killed game soundtracks.

There's no going back to the glory days.

The fuck you say. When F-Chan Inc finally puts out Princess Battle ship, you'll see (and hear).

9. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    Orchestral scores and licensed music pretty much killed game soundtracks.

Which is a shame, the Ducktales comp. did more with a 4 channel wave synth (or whatever caveman sound tech the NES had) then Motoi Sakuraba usually does with an entire synthed orchestra with like 120 instrument channels.

Same goes for the Contra comp, Blaster Master comp, and many others. Even long timers like Kondo or Uematsu's older more technologically constrained pieces are generally regarded as their best.

A simple well written jazz riff or two that's easier to remember are oft much better than another needless epic score.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    Orchestral scores and licensed music pretty much killed game soundtracks.

This is about right. I can respect what the people are doing now, but it just feels like you had to be much more creative back in the day when you were limited to chip tunes.

PS. You need heat, also air.