Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Kevin Smith movie?

Jay Guest

Your favorite Kevin Smith movie?

I've got to go with Chasing Amy. Comedy and a deep plot, it don't get no better than this.

2. mallrats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. Well, I never seen Chasing Amy or Clerks, so I cant judge those. But from the ones I seen, I will chose:

Jay & Bob Strike Back
    Dogma
    MallRats

I just watched Dogma, last weekend, and it was a pretty cool movie. Interesting take on the religion, some weird/funny characters, and angel on the rampage. Plus a Shit Demon

4. I love JaSBSB, but the classic will always be Clerks.

5. Clerks.

I'd choose the cartoon over any of Smith's stuff. -NOW BEAR IS DRIVING CAR, HOW CAN THAT BE?!?!?!
    pwned by Ivan

6. Dogma. Just the right amount of jokes and intelligent stuff to override stupid shit like the 'shit demon'...

JASBSB had lots of hilarious parts, but had as many disgusting/unfunny parts, and a lot of boring parts. Bleh... Clerks was just gay,I hated that movie so much...

I haven't seen any of his other movies.

7. I'd say dogma if it wasn't for that stupid bitch playing the lead role. She's so crap.

For me its a tie between Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Clerks.

we've done this thread a few times, but here goes, in order:

1. Clerks

2. Chasing Amy/Mallrats (tie)

3. Dogma

4. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

In fact, I didn't intially like JASBSB when I saw it in theatre's. I mean, it was good, but I just felt that it wasn't on par with some of the other movies. But, then I saw the DVD and saw all the deleted scenes with Will Ferrel in them, and they made the movie much more enjoyable.

1) Clerks - Pretty hard ot beat with memorable characters and real wit in the dialogue. Randall is my role model.

2) TIE Mallrats/Dogma - Both were pretty good, Mallrats had better characters, but Dogma had better humor.

3) Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - Not bad, a pretty entertaining ride throughout.

4) Chasing Amy - Just kind of lame overall. It really felt forced, as if Kevin was trying to hard to do something different to escape criticism after Mallrats. I did see the DVD though, and I was surprised at some of the great scenes they deleted.

10. I love all things Kevin Smith, but there are two movies that stand above the rest for me: Chasing Amy and Clerks. I found these to be his most intellegent and pointed, both offering good insights on life. The other films are funny as hell and I adore them, but that little extra bit of relation I can make w/ both Clerks and Chasing Amy give'em the edge.
    "Max: Should I confront, subdue, and pummel the suspected perpetrator Sam?
    Sam: Sick 'em up little buddy."

-Sam & Max, Freelance Police