Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Splatterhouse Revival

1. Thumbs Up Splatterhouse Revival

Splatterhouse is arguably the first survival horror game ever. Sure, it was a bit heavy on the horror and light on the survival, but it's hard to come up with an earlier example of a game with as much bloodshed and terror as this arcade beat-em-up. Purveyors of violence and filth that we videogame folk are, we couldn't be more excited to present the exclusive reveal of Namco Bandai's next-gen resurrection of the Splatterhouse franchise in the upcoming June issue of EGM.

2. uh awesome

Thematically, I don't think Splatterhouse will have the same impact today as it did in the original's time but I still want to see what they're going to do.

4. yeah, I think stuff like The Suffering out splatter housed Splatter House.

5. I wonder if they're going to change the mask for the US version again.

6. I love the original games, I just wanted to say that.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Not the first survival horror, nor the first modern one either.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Home_(video_game)- NES
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_House_(video_game) - 2600

8. God I love Splatterhouse.

Thank god its coming back.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. They've been talking about reviving Splatterhouse for ages. It's about time.

I still play the original on MAME on a regular basis.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Splatterhouse isn't so much horror as it is a brawler with gore. If the developers keep that in mind for this revision I'll be all over it.

james