Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: You Have $150,000.00...

1. I realize it's almost the same thing you're doing now, but... Growler filling station in a hipster part of town.

Hire a couple cute beer-geek chicks to work the register and a knowledgeable guy to run the taps.

Do beer dinners. Bathe in money.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Travel to Europe, take an entourage, eat lavish meals and pay for everyone, go broke, return home, and hate everything. Ten years later open a restaurant based on one of those meals.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    cute beer-geek chicks
    Lol

4. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I realize it's almost the same thing you're doing now, but... Growler filling station in a hipster part of town.

Hire a couple cute beer-geek chicks to work the register and a knowledgeable guy to run the taps.

Do beer dinners. Bathe in money.
    Thought of that - but I want to relocate to Florida and growlers are illegal there (32 oz. max). Not really into opening a food service place though.

5. I'd start a fixed-wireless ISP (fixed wireless, as the start-up capital would be the cheapest due to not having to tangle with the red tape of dealing with the city's PUC to build out infrastructure). Most places deal with a duopoly of telecommunication companies; typically the phone ILEC and cable provider. I'd offer an alternative for people who don't want to deal with arbitrary data caps, caps put into place for the sole reason of greed, and satiating myopic shareholders. If a person is not in an area that's fortunate enough to have FIOS, they most likely are facing the above situation due to the uncompetitive nature of telecommunications, especially internet.

I'd make a ROI in my area in a few years, easily.

And when my ISP succeeds, I'll expand my business to selling jetpacks, just because.

6. Move to Oregon and start my own beekeeping business. Rent out my bees to nearby organic farmers and sell some "Sweet Baby Bee" humane honey or something. I'd like to try growing hazelnuts too, and make/sell some organic nutella.

Buy lots of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    Lol
    I know one!

8. I just had to Google what was a "growler". I'm so uncouth.

NOOB DETECTED

10. Pretty much. Not a beer/alcohol drinker in any way whatsoever, except the few times I've done so socially.