Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looper

1. Green and MacFarlane (and Galafianakis in everything but Bored to Death) have ruined that name for me forever.
    Meyers has a lot of work in front of him in order to reclaim it.

2. Made $21 million for second place, I didn't think the Transylvania movie would be as popular as it turned out to be ($43). I hope word of mouth keeps this one going strong but the R rating might hold it back.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    It's a very good movie with some amazing performances...hell, it's the most alive I've seen Bruce Willis is years. I thought the farm sequence kinda slowed the pace down to a crawl for a bit, but overall, a very enjoyable, well-written and intelligent movie with some impressive action sequences.

Oh, and that young Seth/old Seth scene early on was fucking chilling. Ugh!
    That scene reminded me of the second Dexter book. Yodeling Potato...

4. Would have been a great Redbox rental.

5. http://soundcloud.com/rcjohnso/loope...cal-commentary

if anybody gets the urge to see it (again), there's a commentary track you can listen along with

6. Ha! That's a really cool idea.

7. I saw this on vacation in a very swank theatre in downtown Orlando. It was fucking great!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    It's a very good movie with some amazing performances...hell, it's the most alive I've seen Bruce Willis in years. I thought the farm sequence kinda slowed the pace down to a crawl for a bit, but overall, a very enjoyable, well-written and intelligent movie with some impressive action sequences.

Oh, and that young Seth/old Seth scene early on was fucking chilling. Ugh!
    Agreed on both counts. That whole bit with Paul Dano was the cleverest and most terrifying use of time travel I've ever seen in a movie.

Although I disagree that the whole farm sequence slowed the pace down. I wonder where they found that kid? He was fucking amazing.

I really enjoyed the movie's conception of the future United States as being largely run-down and slum-ridden.

It's interesting to note that all of the cars are apparently running on electric power. In one of Bruce Willis's scenes, you notice rows of 20th century era cars retrofitted with solar plates. Emily Blunt's truck seems to be retrofitted the same way. The newer vehicles are all very small, like that truck Willis drives near the end of the movie. Contrast all of this with the scenes in Shanghai and the baller vehicles that Willis is driving.

It seems clear that by 2044, we've either hit peak oil production or China is taking all the oil. Maybe both.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Good observation.

10. This movie was outstanding. So good I want to buy it for my collection. Half decent sci-fi has been coming out lately - Inception, Source Code and this were all cool. This is maybe the best use of time travel I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."