Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Bros. (Wii U)

Super Mario Bros. (Wii U)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Nintendo will announce a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U at E3 in June, the company has confirmed to Eurogamer.

Earlier today Spanish newspaper El Mundo, which interviewed Shigeru Miyamoto while he was in Paris to promote the Nintendo-designed 3DS tour guide at the Louvre, claimed the legendary designer "anticipates that the next E3 will present a Super Mario for the new console".

However, Miyamoto was not directly quoted as saying this - rather it was the newspaper's own text doing so. Here is the relevant passage, translated by Eurogamer Spain for Eurogamer.net:

"Miyamoto, who smiled during all the interview - even when he wants to change the topic because 'it's not the moment' to talk about Wii U - thinks that the experience and the new game modes of this new console won't be 'easily replicated in other devices', which will allow them to escape the new tablet competition.

"The creator advances that at the next E3, the biggest video games show, which is celebrated in Los Angeles in June, Nintendo will present a new Super Mario for this platform, in which you will combine the TV screen with the screen in the controller."

This afternoon Nintendo confirmed to Eurogamer the El Mundo report, and promised more information soon.

"In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo," a Nintendo spokesperson said. "We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."

Meanwhile, Miyamoto was quoted as saying to El Mundo: "I'm working on several projects but I think that I cannot talk about them all [laughs]. Some are small but important projects for Wii U. Also on a new Pikmin, which will take advantage of the new HD screen resolution, and on Luigi's Mansion for 3DS."

Nintendo has said on the record that it will unveil the final version of the Wii U, due out in time for Christmas, at E3. Nintendo of America recently snapped up the domain SuperMario4.com. It was thought it related to Nintendo's already announced new side-scrolling Mario game for release on 3DS by the end of the financial year - April 2013. Could it in fact relate to a Super Mario Bros. Wii U?
    Link

It'll be interesting if this really is titled SMB4, since that was technically Super Mario World in Japan. Here's hoping (read: dreaming) it's single player and waggle free. While I have the pipe, maybe it'll be a Yoshi's Island sequel, since that one was re-branded as Super Mario Advance 3 for its re-release. It may also explain why Yoshi's Island never showed up on Virtual Console, as releasing it ahead of a sequel would make sense. Yes, I know none of that will occur, and this will be another shitty, 4-player waggle fest.

2. If this is a fully-fledged original game shown in action, huge ace for the Wii U. Especially if it's for or near launch.

3. I haven't bought a Nintendo console since the N64 (I have a DS). The only thing I feel like I'm missing out on is the Mario games.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Part of me wants this to suck so I don't have to get a Wii U. But Mario Galaxy and 3D Land were so fucking good.

5. I hope it has a new art style than NSMB and NSMBWii. I've honestly hated it from the beginning. I'm also sick of the 'four people at once' shit. If it's a 2D game, it sure as hell better be beautiful.

6. A 4 player Mario Bros COULD be a fun/good game... but they fucked it up. LittleBigPlanet is fun to play multiplayer. Rayman Origins is too. It boggles my mind that Nintendo couldn't do it right.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

7. Pikmin
    This is the real news for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBChick View Post
    I hope it has a new art style than NSMB and NSMBWii. I've honestly hated it from the beginning. I'm also sick of the 'four people at once' shit. If it's a 2D game, it sure as hell better be beautiful.
    As long as the Wii U only supports one tablet controller, there's a good chance that it will be geared toward single-player, maybe with some muliplayer minigames.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    As long as the Wii U only supports one tablet controller, there's a good chance that it will be geared toward single-player, maybe with some muliplayer minigames.
    I still don't get the decision....
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    This is the real news for me.

As long as the tablet controller use isn't used for a second player to "help" like the second Wii remote did for Galaxy.

10. Resisting Wii U shouldn't be a problem.