15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

11 73.33%
  • Yes

3 20.00%
  • Lost them

1 6.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did You Throw Out Your Old Gaming Boxes and Manuals?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    A lot of those towards the end of big boxed pc games were not much better than cereal boxes with a shitty photocopied manual and some cds in paper sleeves
    I don't think they ever were except they had manuals at one point. I did save the manuals, but I think they got lost in a move at some point.

I remember really old shit like battletech coming in a thick cardboard box with a nice big manual with all sorts of things in it. But this was back in the disket or floppy era

does steam have that? I haven't played battletech in ages

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Unless there was a sale, he saved a whopping $5.
    That company is such shit. America loves them.
    I saved $10. It retails $41.99 here, and I got it for $31.99.

And it's not as if I'm flush with options. There are two Gamestops on the island, and no mom and pop joints. Amazon wants $8 to ship a game here (even though USPS doesn't charge more than shipping to, say, Texas, and most other companies don't pull that shit). So GameStop it is.

Their B2G1 sales on used games are pretty sweet, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. I kept mine in near mint condition, until a few years ago when I traded them all for a little bag of toot.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt