Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamestop Forced To Indicate Used Online Pass Games

1. Caveat Emptor up in this bitch.

Buyer beware?

Did you stupid shits forget what year and country this is?

Buyer beware, I fucking wish.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    This is true, but these are used games. Gamestop is setting the price, and not letting people know that the thing they're buying is less valuable than the brand-new version, and the price difference they control isn't making up the difference. Gamestop's pricing, Gamestop's responsibility to alert the customer as to what they're getting for the money.

It's also worth noting that a buyer of used games wouldn't necessarily have the info due to the online pass being a relatively new development. For over a decade, the used game you bought was as good as new, and Gamestop's employees not only enforced this view, I'm willing to believe they still say this today. I don't know, I don't shop there much, but I doubt the store culture has changed. With years on end of reinforcement that used games and new ones have the same content, somebody's got to be responsible for letting the customer know, and Gamestop is the only one raking in the profit from the used games. So, it's their problem.

James
    None of this shit means anything.

It is the customer's responsibility to be aware of what they are spending their money on, and ask questions if necessary.

You're so retarded

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    None of this shit means anything.

It is the customer's responsibility to be aware of what they are spending their money on, and ask questions if necessary.
    But that would cut into their valuable checking facebook time.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

That's on them. Not GameStop.

7. So its ok for companies to rip their customers off because the customers should know better? Im going to bookmark this thread.

I guess josh and the boys skipped out on all their high school history classes. Or he's trolling with some Yoshi level conservative posts.

No one remembers studying the early 1900s? The formation of the FDA? Of how the country flipped from buyer beware to seller beware? And how teh depth of seller beware tripled or quadrupled between the 60s-80s?

Seriously?

Josh is advocating pure laissez faire buyer beware yoshinomics just to be contrary about games?

9. LOL @ Yoshinomics.

10. I don't disagree with what is being forced upon Gamestop in the least, but I have Z E R O sympathy in uninformed consumers. We live in an age where information is readily available, use it.