Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Gamestop Forced To Indicate Used Online Pass Games

1. I can't see anyone outside of EA and Activision being able to try to bully Sony or Microsoft and have any favorable result. They move a lot of units on either system so on one hand, they wouldn't want to lose the sales attached to one of those consoles. But on the other hand, I can imagine a vast migration from one console to the other if Madden or Call of Duty was only available on one or the other.

2. Has anyone mentioned that some games that use OP are being shut down? Anyway, I have no problem with this ruling. Yeah, the info can be found elsewhere. So what.

3. Yeah I saw that EA Sports MMA was shutting down the online. I had bought the game used anyway because I had a feeling that would happen.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox View Post
    Yeah I saw that EA Sports MMA was shutting down the online. I had bought the game used anyway because I had a feeling that would happen.
    EA just sucks.

2K Sports at least has the common decency to keep servers running for all their games that don't have sequels (All Pro Football, NHL 2K, College Hoops 2K). Some of those games have had servers running for 4 years now.

EA, by comparison, cans their MMA servers in a little over a year with no sequel in sight lol

5. Mercy kill.

6. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    EA just sucks.

2K Sports at least has the common decency to keep servers running for all their games that don't have sequels (All Pro Football, NHL 2K, College Hoops 2K). Some of those games have had servers running for 4 years now.

EA, by comparison, cans their MMA servers in a little over a year with no sequel in sight lol
    Yeah, this bothers me too... they did that with NASCAR too and plenty of others. I remember Simpsons game was shut down for the leaderboards... I can't imagine that was taking up much server bandwidth but whatever. I just wish that they'd let others run servers like with PC games.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com