Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents Pissed at School Photographer

1. Parents Pissed at School Photographer

lol.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/c...023307967.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo News
    Class photo called ‘offensive’ and ‘degrading’

An elementary school class picture is causing quite a stir after the photographer Photoshopped a cartoon smiley face over a boy's head.

David Claussen, owner of Broward County Pictures, took the photo of the second grade class at Sawgrass Elementary school, but was notified afterward that two of the students hadn't signed consent forms and needed to be removed.

The local news reports:

"Claussen said he was able to use the photo editing software Adobe Photoshop to lift one of the kids out, but had explained to them that there was a problem with the second student. He was sitting in the front row, right in the middle ... He said he would have gladly come out there to reshoot the image. Instead there was talk about putting a star over his face and then, he said, the P.T.A. asked him to place a smiley face."

The news station could not locate the student or his parents for a comment, but was told the boy is no longer attending Sawgrass Elementary and may not even be aware of the picture's existence.

Parents at the school have had mixed responses to the altered photo, they ranged from feeling that the image is humiliating, to simply calling it "an oversight that has been corrected".

In an email to the local station, Sawgrass P.T.A. wrote:

"Broward Schools Photography covered the child's face using an inappropriate sticker. The PTA disagrees with how the photography company handled it and worked with the photographer to have the picture retaken this Thursday. Immediate action was taken on behalf of the PTA. We love and protect our children."

They said families who ordered the class photo will get a free copy of the new print.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cartoon-character-school-picture-jpg-jpg_024714.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	65355  
    Last edited by Dolemite; 06 Apr 2012 at 06:01 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Much ado about nothing.

3. Consent forms for school pictures? What happened to "Hey kids, it's picture day, go line up in the gym". Shouldn't that be the end of it? Who needs consent? Your kid goes to the school. He's going to be in the class picture. End of fucking story.

4. That's actually quite common these days...most schools send out photo/video consent forms to parents for them to sign at the start of each school year. I work for the media, and occasionally I have to cover shit at schools. When I do that, and I'm taking pics or shooting video, the teachers have to kick the kids whose parents didn't sign the consent form out of the room. Haha.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 06 Apr 2012 at 10:25 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. if anything, the photographer is apparently a fan of seinfeld

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    That's actually quite common these days...most schools send out photo/video consent forms to parents for them to sign at the start of each school year. I work for the media, and occasionally I have to cover shit at schools. When I do that, and I'm taking pics or shooting video, the teachers have to kick the kids whose parents didn't sign the consent form out of the room. Haha.
    I get that for media/journalism, but class photos? Man. Things done changed.

7. How is that offensive at all in light of why it's there? It's not blackface or anything.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

It is because he is black and the face is black and BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

The S.S. White Guilt is sailing the faggot seas in search of minorities to hyphenate. This kid just got in the way.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It is because he is black and the face is black and BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

The S.S. White Guilt is sailing the faggot seas in search of minorities to hyphenate. This kid just got in the way.
    POTD. Holy shit, some people need every little fucking thing explained out for them.

BTW, the BIG question is if the photographer who used Official Adobe PhotoShopTM Branded Image Editing Software was actually a white dude, which would be much funnier.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 07 Apr 2012 at 10:59 AM.

10. Looks like the work of a Korean animator to me.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt