Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Space Quest (Update: Demo is out, video within)

On top of the no name game, this wasn't well done, you're right. I haven't followed a lot of these but the LSL one looks/feels much better. The website doesn't help.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

2. I have almost no interest in a Leisure Suit Larry remake though. A new game, maybe.

I put down the minimum just because it's nice to see Al Lowe in charge after all this time.

3. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I have almost no interest in a Leisure Suit Larry remake though. A new game, maybe.

I put down the minimum just because it's nice to see Al Lowe in charge after all this time.
    It really is worth the cost just to get Al Lowe active again, and hopefully continue things later. Replay only had remake rights, not new game rights, but they can get them if the remake shapes up well.

4. The lack of IP is everything for these games. You can cite all of the little things they did wrong but the fact that you can't just click on the link, say "HEY A NEW SPACE QUEST!", and drop $15 is everything to these projects. They are fueled by nostalgia and very little else.

5. They should've turned it into an iPhone watch game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    The lack of IP is everything for these games. You can cite all of the little things they did wrong but the fact that you can't just click on the link, say "HEY A NEW SPACE QUEST!", and drop $15 is everything to these projects. They are fueled by nostalgia and very little else.
    Wasteland 2 did pretty well, and it wasn't because anyone really gives a shit about Wasteland 1. It was a surrogate Fallout. This project seems like it would appeal to 100% of Space Quest fans, and is conceptually almost identical.

I mean yea, having the IP would help, but I'd think its absence would be less of an albatross than, say, Larry being locked into a remake.

7. lol. Exactly, Wasteland already had fallout going for it, a modern successful IP. No one gives a shit or has given a shit about Space Quest since the last space quest.

8. So this still has a big mountain to climb, and only four days left, but it's picking up speed and I think they're going to make it. It's a nail-biter, though.

Details on the game have crystalized a bit. It's not about a plumber named Ace Hardway, and his robot dog/power auger, Rooter. Also playable is his imaginary friend, the star of his favorite cartoon Cluck Y'Egger. It also seems Patrick Warburton (or a very good soundalike) will be voicing him.

After this gets funded I feel like I can finally take a break from Kickstarter. This and Tex Murphy were the last ones on my dream list, pretty much. At least as far as adventures go. This is seeming more and more like a possible real-deal comeback for adventure games.

Please, please, please help fund this if you have any interest at all. I don't think this will happen at all without the Kickstarter funding - or at least not in any worthwhile form. That voice talent is not going to be cheap, and no normal publisher is going to fund this.

10. It'll be closer than I'd like but I'll be surprised if this doesn't make it.