Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Not Space Quest (Update: Demo is out, video within)

1. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Hooray!

Frog may be burnt out on these adventure Kickstarters but I've gotta be honest: I'd crowdsource the shit out of a new Quest for Glory.
    Probably not happening with the IP in Activision's hands, but have you seen this?. QFG homage game in glorious 320x240 VGA.

I'm out though, like I said. Double Fine Adventure, two Jane Jensen games, a Larry remake, a new Tex Motherfucking Murphy AND a pseudo-Space Quest? That's better than E3 and Christmas combined.

I actually don't care about Jane Jensen, but I backed her project with a token pledge anyway.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 11 Jun 2012 at 08:04 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Probably not happening with the IP in Activision's hands, but have you seen this?. QFG homage game in glorious 320x240 VGA.

I'm out though, like I said. Double Fine Adventure, two Jane Jensen games, a Larry remake, a new Tex Motherfucking Murphy AND a pseudo-Space Quest? That's better than E3 and Christmas combined.

I actually don't care about Jane Jensen, but I backed her project with a token pledge anyway.
    I backed all of those except the Double Fine (no physical reward, boo) and Larry (no interest). Please no more Kickstarters!
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

3. Double Fine had a physical copy for sure!

4. Alright, I'm pitching in for this. The thought of a physical object leading to an Easter egg in a game brings me back to good, ol' StarTropics. Yes, I'm aware it'll all be online. That ruins the fun. And, yeah, ready to be disappointed, but doing it anyways.

And I even get a free download of the originals! I've wanted to play these games since I was a kid. I'm pretty excited.

5. Yay, made it with some slack. All is well in adventure land, now, and we can rest until 2013.

A (voice-acting-free) demo just went up for backers.

7. It's graphically very impressive for the budget, but this swiping system they've added is horribly unintuitive and I have trouble getting stuff to work even when I know what I'm supposed to do.

This project is so far behind schedule, I'm getting pretty pessimistic it will shape up into anything worth playing.

8. Currently the demo has no Voice Over. That is still in the works.
    Not all the narrative dialogue is in the demo.
    At the beginning, Ace talks with a ship administrator named Mervin, which you don't get to interact with in the demo(yet)
    All death sequences have not been included yet.
    Not every icon you see is usable yet as some of the icons are meant for the actual game and not the demo.
    To Save/Load, don't use the icons, Hold Shift + S to Save or Shift + L to Load
    Haha, this is the demo for a game that was supposed to come out 5 months ago.

9. So for anyone who's curious, here's the demo:

So the good news is that they've way over-delivered on the graphics and production values compared to the 2D game they pitched on Kickstarter (and the earlier prototype demo they released).

But it's also clear from looking at this that the game is still extremely early for a game that's over a year into development. But, unlike Double Fine, I think this one is pretty much being made by Scott and Mark alone, so this might not represent a budgetary crisis as much as you would think. Hopefully it comes out good, but I doubt we'll see it until well into 2014.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 22 Jul 2013 at 11:42 AM.