Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 515171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Springsummerfall 20XX

Anyone watching Flowers of Evil? It's one of the best animes I've ever seen. Give it a few episodes! So good...
    I took all your French Toast.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    but this was really good. Like really good. It's top-tier Ghibli and no one's really saying much about it except that it's "Better than Goro's first film but blah blah blah". It's up there with Whisper of the Heart, and has a really nice style thing going on thematically and artistically that separates it from the rest of the Ghibli stuff. though there's a cheap-out still shot montage thing that takes away from the rest of the film
    Finally got around to seeing this and I loved it. Just about every frame was gorgeous, I dug very much its depiction of the time period, and, yeah, the story was reminiscent of Whisper of the Heart, which is a fave. I haven't really liked a Ghibli film since Howl's and it's nice to be back on board with what they're doing!
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    There's an Anohana movie out in August...
    Yay!
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

4. The Wind Rises

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. are they talking about a fart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Oh man, the latest Attack on Titan episodes were pretty great. THe wackier the Titans look the happier/more terrified I am! I find it odd that there's been so many soldiers jumping in front of titans to distract them from eating others instead of KILLING THEM FROM BEHIND WHILE THEY'RE DISTRACTED. Bizarre.

Next episode looks like a clip episode, though. Boo.

7. Yeah, clip shows are a bummer.

First episode of Kiniro Mosaic was very, very cute. I liked how Shinobu gave Alice the present even thinking it was a neck-stabbing device.

8. ZAWA ZAWA~

Kaiji ~ moe ~

9. I still need to finish season 2. I was rationing 'em they were so good.

First episode of Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! was surprisingly funny and sad.

Also, new GAINAX show is good. It's kind of another take on the above, but with well choreographed (and scored) paintball fight scenes.

I'm always secretly hoping new shows are crap 'cause it's kind of irritating to have to keep up with so much every season. So far I have (all crunchyroll/horriblesubs I think):

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
    Shingeki no Kyojin
    Kiniro Mosaic
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
    Tamayura: More Aggressive (first season was underrated)

I'm also slowly catching up on Space Brothers which is great. They've spent like four episodes in a row in this sealed-chamber test. Main guy and girl are both so likable.
    Last edited by Compass; 10 Jul 2013 at 02:12 AM.