Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13232526272829 LastLast

Thread: Anime Springsummerfall 20XX

1. Yare yare daze

2. I finally finished Kill La Kill during my Jojo's lull. Man, that was so much fun. Imaishi really knows how to make a lot of goofy shit happen with the most minimal animation possible so he can blow the budget on the fighting. Shame that you can really tell exactly when Trigger ran out of time and budget during the last episode. I'll bet they'll be a little better about it in show #2. Also, Imaishi needs a cold shower. Sheesh.

Also, is it just me or is Ragyo Kiriyuin basically Devil Lady with rainbows?

I REALLY wish I could buy this show on Blu-ray with all of the censoring and Porygon-safety darkening removed. BUT Aniplex. $60 for four episodes! I would have gladly paid that for the whole series. Oh, well. I have better uses for $400. Like anything. Or, to be lazy and reuse my last tweet, 26 more months of Crunchyroll.

3. Space Dandy ended last night, it was awesome. Incredibly creative show, I wish they were making more.

4. I just noticed that Netflix Instant has Ghost in the Shell: Arise. It says season 1, there are 2 episodes just under an hour each. Anyone know anything about it?

5. Anybody pick up any new shows this season? Shingeki no Bahamut was surprisingly good, like way better than an anime based on a cell phone CCG has any right to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

6. I feel like I need to preach the good word of Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and (especially) Fate/Zero. But it's kind of tricky in that you should probably watch up to around episode 18-ish of UBW THEN watch all of Zero THEN finish UBW. The important thing is to watch Zero before episode 21 of UBW. Fate is about historical figures and legendary heroes being summoned by mages as pawns in a death-game for a wish-granting holy grail.

Also, Kekkai Sensen is slick. I think it has the potential to be a big hit in the west. The ED is amazing.

7. If you've ever liked a sappy romance show, you have to check out Ore Monogatari (My Love Story). The male lead is this acromegaly case (seriously, it starts at his middle school graduation, where he dwarfs the teachers) who's best friends with the usual Super Cool Aloof Guy The Girls All Love. Time and again, Big Dude falls for a girl, only to watch her confess to Cool Guy, who promptly shoots her down. (Before you ask, no, he's not the kind of douche who swoops in to pick them up on the rebound.) One day they have a chance encounter with this petite girl on the train, whom Big Dude saves from a groper. (Is this really that big of a problem over there, or one of those things the media plays up way more than it actually happens? Pretty fucked up if it is accurate.) She falls for him immediately, but because of the long-established pattern of his nonexistent love life, he misreads all the signals and assumes it's Cool Guy she's into. Hijinks ensue. (I'm only two episodes in, but I understand it actually moves past that stage and makes them a couple fairly early on, rather than dragging it out for the whole show like you might expect.) The whole thing is just so sweet you'll gag. Big Dude is a loveable dumb lug, and Cake Girl is adorably dorky.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 17 Aug 2015 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Also really enjoying Shimoneta, a grossout sex comedy that's is basically what you would get if Adult Swim made an anime instead of just licensing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. JoJo's did a neat thing with the Egypt arc opening.

The original:

A special variant for the last two episodes (the JoJo vs. Dio fight):

SO GODDAMN COOL.

10. You thought it was the opening you always see. But it was me! Dio!