Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Springsummerfall 20XX

Ive been watching Cities of Gold (the old one)

I had forgotten how bad the dub was. And what is the deal with the soundtrack sounding like it was done by tangerine dream?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

I had forgotten how bad the dub was. And what is the deal with the soundtrack sounding like it was done by tangerine dream?
    Oddly enough, so have I. Except, in french (Les mystérieuses cités d'or). Been watching a lot of older stuff lately like Maison Ikkoku, Captain Harlock, Nobody's Boy - Rémi, Minky Momo, Touch, High School! Kimengumi, Ulysses 31, etc. Guess I'm on a nostalgia kick.

3. I've been watching the original Lupin series, which has the worst soundtrack of all time but other than that it's fantastic. Discotek is releasing it in June so I'll be picking it up then.

Also Kuroko No Basket started this spring too! Though I'm not sure I like the animation enough since it's pretty typical shonen.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    I've been watching the original Lupin series, which has the worst soundtrack of all time but other than that it's fantastic. Discotek is releasing it in June so I'll be picking it up then.
    They also licensed the original 1978 Space Pirate Captain Harlock TV series. I must have it!

Discotek seems to be releasing a few of my favorite classics. Project A-Ko, Fist of the North Star, the Galaxy Express movies, Harlock, Lupin, etc.
    Last edited by Station; 29 Apr 2012 at 03:13 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

I had forgotten how bad the dub was.
    You mean "bad" as in 80's bad that actually meant really great? Because Mendoza's voice is the best ever.
    Donk

More like the tech behind it. The volume level seems off.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    This show is good! Has anime gotten a lot better than when i was in college or have there just been some really good series in the past few years? Or did i just miss a lot?
    The noitaminA stuff is meant to be slanted towards an older audience. That said, I didn't pay attention to anime for a long time either, so I can't say for sure it hasn't gotten better.

In addition to what's been mentioned, I'm watching Medaka Box (kinda meh, but it's GAINAX, so I'll give it four episodes) and Sengoku Collection (same studio that did Mawaru Penguindrum and shares that series' pleasant art style).

8. The opening songs of Kids on the Slope and Sengoku Collection (below) are both really good.

I don't follow Morning Musume anymore, but damn if that isn't Yoshi and Rika?!

9. Yoshi and Rika became a duet group a couple years ago. They came to some anime cons here in the states. I guess they're still doing it?

Jesus at that Photoshop on the redhead's face.

FUck!