Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Springsummerfall 20XX

1. i finished up Kuragehime/Princess Jellyfish yesterday. Everything was awesome until that last episode. I literally sat there with a wtf look on my face. The ending was just a total copout. Really couldn't believe the writers had the balls to go that route. No closure whatsoever concerning the potential relationships. Fucking terrible way to end the series. Unless they're aiming for a second season.

6/10 for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

2. Does this have anything to do with the Arab Spring?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Start a free trial with Crunchyroll, watch it on your TV with the PS3 app, then cancel. Or keep it if you like anime.

Also get ready to cry for the rest of your life.
    If they made a Vita or 3DS app, I'd pay for the subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Also get ready to cry for the rest of your life.
    This show... JESUS CHRIST!

When Menma went home I dropped all my rugged manliness and totally lost it

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    This show... JESUS CHRIST!

When Menma went home I dropped all my rugged manliness and totally lost it
    As I get older, I find that quite a few movies and shows make me tear up during emotional moments. I just mean that my eyes get misty, and if it's bad enough maybe enough gathers up and a single tear drips down my cheek.

This is not what happened when I watched Anohana. There were times when I was dangerously close to bawling out loud. Something about the show just resonated through me and punched me in the heart.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Thanks! Finch gets full credit for turning me on to the glorious Kaiba. From 2008 and I had no idea it even existed 'till a couple months ago. Slipped under a lot of radars I guess...
    Then nice recommendation Finch! Just remembering the opening song makes me misty. Did you guys watch The Tatami Galaxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonoa View Post
    i finished up Kuragehime/Princess Jellyfish yesterday. Everything was awesome until that last episode. I literally sat there with a wtf look on my face. The ending was just a total copout. Really couldn't believe the writers had the balls to go that route. No closure whatsoever concerning the potential relationships. Fucking terrible way to end the series. Unless they're aiming for a second season.

6/10 for me.
    I appreciate the ending. pairing her off with either man would have been unrealistic at that moment in time. Could she really make something work with his older brother? Could she had a normal relationship with the cross dresser? I would have much rather it ended with no closure on those issues than feeding me something forced and unrealistic

plus it is an ongoing manga and I don't think it had gotten that far yet.

I wish you guys would post youtubes of the shows you like. I don't google them just because you say you like them and that they make you cry.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post
    Then nice recommendation Finch! Just remembering the opening song makes me misty. Did you guys watch The Tatami Galaxy?
    Yes! I crank the shit​ out of the opening song.

And no, I have not seen The Tatami Galaxy yet, but Finch recommended that as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I wish you guys would post youtubes of the shows you like. I don't google them just because you say you like them and that they make you cry.
    For Anohana, there's not much on Youtube other than people reacting to the ending it seems. You can watch the first few eps here with annoying ads, or do like I did and sign up for a free membership to watch everything then cancel. You should be able to tell if you'll like it after the first episode or two, and if you don't I question if you have a soul.