Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Springsummerfall 20XX

sounds horrible

2. I dropped after two episodes.

I'm watching Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. It's interesting. The characters spent the whole last episode trapped inside blank manga panels. Both the OP and ED (where you will recognize Masumi Itō of Azumanga Daioh's theme songs) are dangerously catchy.

3. I don't care if nobody else is watching it. I'll continue posting to myself about it.

Sengoku Collection

This week's episode was subtle and bittersweet. Did not expect that ending. Looking for her lost money = T_T

Seems like there won't be some grand story tying all the femmes together in the second half unfortunately. There needs to be a game adaptation. This could be the PokeLoli RPG I've always dreamed of!

4. Ano Natsu de Matteru

Show from earlier this year. I don't remember what made me start watching it a couple months ago because I intentionally skipped it when it was airing. The opening made it look very cliched (even for an anime) and irritating. But I'm so glad I gave it a shot, especially now. It's extremely "summery," and I'm quite sure I'll be doing at least one re-watch in the years ahead.

Standard plot-line: space girl arrives and makes friend with smitten boy. But oh, she's a space girl, how will it work? Who cares. None of this matters. This show is all about the group of friends, shooting a homemade movie during summer vacation, coming to terms with their feelings for one another.

There are some incredibly sweet, romantic, tear-inducing scenes in here, and several abundantly lovable, relatable characters. Kanna!

Gets better and better as it goes on, too. I consider this a hidden gem. I wonder how many more are lurking out there I might never find...
    Last edited by Compass; 06 Aug 2012 at 11:46 PM.

I watched Princess Jellyfish yesterday. Going in, I had no idea what the subject material was about. We were drinking and someone suggested we watch it because he thought the name was funny.

It ended up being one of the best anime I've seen in a while. It is about a boy and girl that both lost their mother in early childhood. As a result, neither was really socialized as well as they could have been. The girl has a lot of issues with life as a normal adult woman and the boy ends up becoming a cross dresser because of his idealized concept of his mother.

I realize that such a premise sounds horrible. And after the first episode, I expected it to devolve into crap. But it never did! It staid charming and interesting. It did a great job of showing the frustrations young women have with the societal norms that are thrust upon them.

Its kind of like Azumanga Daioh, if it was intended for a more mature audience and all the characters had some form of arrested development.

I probably made it sound horrible

look how charming it is!

Finally watching Anohana but it's SO FUCKING SAD ;____;

like all the time
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. That's the reason I haven't watched it. I know it'll be good, but I don't feel like being more sad

You don't even know, I'm crying like once per episode at least.

But it's really, really good =/
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. It's a happy kind of sad.

You both disappoint me not having watched this already.