Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Serious: Mexico

1. This is directly linked with xenophobia. It's the same in France, in Jerusalem, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, and in Germany. People fear those who aren't like them. A tale as old as time. You get so many benefits, and so do the businesses you so staunchly defend, by using immigrants who don't think it's above them to do this work. But because so brown people are coming into this country it cannot stand.

2. Maybe Mexicans are just lazier than the foreign hordes invading those other countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Your fruit is picked by Mexican immigrants. Your resorts and hotels are staffed by Mexican immigrants. Your home building services use Mexican immigrants. What's the problem?
    If they enter the country legally and fill a need, nothing. My standards for Mexicans aren't any different than anyone else. I wish we could kick the Americans out who don't fill a need.

I live one block over from "Little Mexico" my neighbors are all very short, and really friendly/cool. The restaurants are fucking incredible. The neighborhood is clean, and safe. There are ZERO corners.

In contrast the white neighborhood a few blocks past is dirty, stupid, and the residents won't look me in the eye. People get mugged, and cars disappear on the regular. You can buy cocaine and heroin 24 hours a day on the north end of the neighborhood.

Anyone with a problem against central and south American immigration has no real concept of how this country works.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I live one block over from "Little Mexico" my neighbors are all very short, and really friendly/cool. The restaurants are fucking incredible. The neighborhood is clean, and safe. There are ZERO corners.

In contrast the white neighborhood a few blocks past is dirty, stupid, and the residents won't look me in the eye. People get mugged, and cars disappear on the regular. You can buy cocaine and heroin 24 hours a day on the north end of the neighborhood.

Anyone with a problem against central and south American immigration has no real concept of how this country works.
    Maybe the white people are too depressed about the Mexicans living there that they don't have the energy to clean or police their neighborhood? You can hardly blame them.

6. Dave became such a useless poster ever since trolling became uncool.

The closest strip mall to my house is completely Latino. The stores all have Spanish names and are primarily frequented by other Latinos. I love going to the restaurant and the carniceria (I need to look up how to do accents again) though. The first time I went into the latter and asked for sangrita in Spanish, the guy working was elated. You could just see his face light up that someone clearly from the US would reach out in Spanish. As Josh said and at the risk of painting with broad strokes, they are good, warm people.

8. Spanish people are fine. They genuinely come here just to make a living and treat everyone the same. I would rather get rid of this "thug life" culture than anything else because it's ruining Latino youths. But the border patrol is just ridiculous. They don't need that many agents.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Convince me that the tax revenue from this group would exceed their benefit receipts. I am 100% in favor of any and every skilled Mexican or any other foreign national coming to the US legally and opening a business or filling a specific need for skills.
    Do you know what income tax pays for? The debt accrued to the Federal Reserve - nearly exclusively.

Lets get rid of that bullshit before we start talking shit about waste.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. Tax the rich. Legalize marijuana. Problem solved.