Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Serious: Mexico

1. I bet most will still be from your mother.

She comes home so late.

3. Lazy and uninspired.

A 'your mother' type joke referencing the words I just wrote would also be lazy and uninspired

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I don't think any country has the know how, will power, or resources to do what Mexico needs. The people of Mexico, or an outside power need to reform Mexico by any means necessary. Maybe something along the lines of what the French did for the US at our founding.

The problem with Mexico is that it is shit. It is the shit country on a contentment with two superior countries above it. Canada and the United States are objectively better countries. Mexican government and industry need to be brought into the modern age. But there are not many people who can or would make these changes, and there are a lot of people both Mexican and American that make a whole lot of money off of Mexico being the shit hole of North America.

Mexico is the bad part of town where you can buy stuff cheap and buy sex and drugs. The powerful will never let it change because they either go downtown for their sex and drugs or they would rather invest their money and labor into the nice part of town that they live in.
    I'm going to ignore just how blatantly racist and ignorant this statement is and just counter that with an article that states that from 2005 to 2010 as many Mexicans returned to Mexico as came here, specifically because of our shitty economy and improving conditions in Mexico.

5. Mexico is a third world country that just happens to be right below what is, for now, the world's pre-eminent empire. There are lots of countries in worse shape, that do not happen to be situated where Mexico is. The country is not on the level of the BRIC countries in terms of development but it is not far behind. Take away the fucking drug war and it'd be in much better shape.

Oh, and:

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26
    The problem with Mississippi is that it is shit. It is the shit country in a shit region. Every other state except for maybe Alabama are objectively better states. Mississippi government and industry need to be brought into the modern age and realize that black people are alright too. But there are not many people who can or would make these changes, and there are a lot of people in America who feel better about their state with Mississippi being the shit hole of the United States.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 24 Apr 2012 at 06:40 PM.

6. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. The country's GDP per capita is around $15,000, above Turkey and Panama, and a third of the US'. The HDI is similar. Of course, Turkey is considered an upstart, developing country - and Mexico is too. Maybe third world is not the right term, but it's definitely not what I would call a first world, developed country.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I'm going to ignore just how blatantly racist and ignorant this statement is and just counter that with an article that states that from 2005 to 2010 as many Mexicans returned to Mexico as came here, specifically because of our shitty economy and improving conditions in Mexico.
    There is nothing racist about what I said. It is no more racist to say Mexico is a poor shithole compared to Canada and the US than it is to say that Germany is more productive than some countries currently in the European Union.

Some countries are just better off than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The problem with Mississippi is that it is shit. It is the shit country in a shit region. Every other state except for maybe Alabama are objectively better states. Mississippi government and industry need to be brought into the modern age and realize that black people are alright too. But there are not many people who can or would make these changes, and there are a lot of people in America who feel better about their state with Mississippi being the shit hole of the United States.
    Your obvious trolling stature aside, I would mostly agree with this post. Financially, it is the worst performer in the US. IMO, I prefur to think of it as a US state with a great deal of potential. But the difference between problems and potential is really the outlook of the people involved. Both boil down to "this could stand to be improved."

EDIT: It might even be fair to say that Mississippi is worse off than most of Mexico. I know most illegal and non illegial mexicans skip the state and go straight to Georgia.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 24 Apr 2012 at 07:11 PM.

10. Georgia has farms