Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Serious: Mexico

1. Canada Let's Get Serious: Mexico

Huffington Post

Seriously, the government needs to grow up and deal with this. Politicians need to stop trying to pander to both the xenophobic nationalists who vote for them and the business interest groups they pay thier bills.

Here's what I'd do. Open the flood gates, simplify the immigration process, request every undocumented immigrant to come in and get documented. Get their native documentation, issue them a SSN, document their arrival date, then put them on an immigrant status and tax them an additional 15% income tax. Then, all electronic wiring or transferring of money out of the country would also be taxed an additional 15% (by everyone, not just immigrants). After 7 years, they become a citizen like everyone else. They have one year to get documented from the law being enacted. After that, all undocumented aliens will be arrested and sentenced a 1-7 year jail sentence (depending on their number of offences) before being deported. That way foreigners are welcome to come, but they have to earn their stripes- to make the xenophobes happy, businesses get their cheap labor, and money leaving the country should be taxed anyway. That's my solution. But, God knows how the goernment is going to deal with this, if they ever do. Right now, they just want to ignore it and let it ride.

But on the original, personal topic. Fuck those border patrol agents. I hope they get cancer. All of them.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 23 Apr 2012 at 10:56 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. This too.

El Paso Times

In less than two years, 8,000 new agents were hired. The Border Patrol force was 11,000 strong in 2007 and now numbers more than 21,000 agents. So by my calculations, nearly half of the Border Patrol force today consists of people with just a couple of years of experience or less. This rookie force is armed with batons, pepper spray, Tasers, rifles and handguns. At their disposal is an array of technology, from ground and night sensors to unmanned drones and Black Hawk helicopters. And because border officials are part of the Department of Homeland Security, they are not subject to the same public scrutiny as police officers.
    LA Times article on the new Border Patrol policies
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 23 Apr 2012 at 11:08 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Why don't they just stay in Mexico where they belong?

4. I can't talk about this stuff on TNL because it's just easy troll bait against me.

Xenophobia isn't the problem. Convince me that the tax revenue from this group would exceed their benefit receipts. I am 100% in favor of any and every skilled Mexican or any other foreign national coming to the US legally and opening a business or filling a specific need for skills.

6. Here we go...

7. Your fruit is picked by Mexican immigrants. Your resorts and hotels are staffed by Mexican immigrants. Your home building services use Mexican immigrants. What's the problem?

8. This has been reported by the Times both in L.A. and New York for years, but because conservative papers cannot support Mexican immigration you don't read about it?

9. There is a substantially large portion of white Americans who abuse the earned benefits in this country, why don't we get rid of them? Show me how they're integral to this country.

10. We just need to euthanize the elderly.