Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS)

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Box
    Atlus announced Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers for 3DS, a remake of the Sega Saturn/PSone RPG, the 3DS version will have full voice dialogs, new opening scene from Satelite, new battle animation and reduced load times. The game will be out in Japan on Aug 30.
    I had a buddy during college try to play through the Saturn version in Japanese, but he gave up. It looked very interesting, but the hell with Japanese language RPGs. I'd be very interested in giving it a whirl on 3DS if/when it comes here though.

2. If this got localized it may very well be enough to finally convince me to pick a 3DS up. I soldered a region switch onto my old domestic Saturn just so I could switch discs and play all the way through the original version.

One of the better proper old MegaTen dungeon crawlers.

I also love the fit of dungeon crawlers on the 3DS.

4. A few screenshots, curious there's no mention of a graphic upgrade for the first person sections.

http://andriasang.com/con0sw/soul_hackers_screens/

5. Can't wait. P3 and 4 are great, but proper old-school, grid dungeon crawl MegaTen is best MegaTen.

<<<Still hasn't beaten Strange Journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. It's not a looker but a little more psyched for this than Etrian IV.

The 3DS version will also include 30 new demons, including a special cat-like creature that levels up through street passes.

7. I kind of doubt we'll get this one. The SMT's that don't involve terrible anime children don't seem to be as popular here.
    Donk

8. Like how SMT2 is on the iOS store with a statement about how it will never ever be in English?

9. Hahahaha, wow, it really does say that!

THERE IS ONE THOUGH. Atlus USA likes to support fan translations, i guess.
    Donk

10. Speaking of which, I wonder what this will mean for Gemini's Translation hack of the PSX version.