Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 810111213 LastLast

Thread: The Evil Within (PC, PS3/4, Xbox/360)

1. Wait I thought you meant this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    best game of the year.
    You're precious.

2. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    No matter how many times you die, it doesn't get frustrating to the point where you feel like giving up. You always feel like you can tweak your strategy and do just a little bit better the next time.
    Yeah, we're going to have to disagree. There were a lot of parts in this game where I kept playing because I was reviewing it and had to keep going, not because it was challenging yet fun. Had I not been playing this for work, I wouldn't dumped it and moved on to other things.
    Last edited by mollipen; 30 Oct 2014 at 03:54 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Examples?

4. This is definitely game of the year material for me as well. It has rough competition this year, but this is one of Mikami's best action games.

And the difficulty level was pretty spot-on. I died plenty of times, got to try plenty of different approaches, and enjoyed it throughout. I've heard complaints about very long loading times with some versions of the game, I'd imagine I'd get annoyed with that if I were in some kind of a rush.

5. The "difficulty" in this game is BS. It's filled with "die until you understand what to do" moments, which isn't real difficulty. It's old-school, 8-bit, we need to make this 20 minute game feel like four hours difficulty. There's no one (or handful) of moment(s) I can pick out, because they're all throughout the game.

This is trying to be RE 4-2, but it's not even close to being as good.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    The "difficulty" in this game is BS. It's filled with "die until you understand what to do" moments, which isn't real difficulty. It's old-school, 8-bit, we need to make this 20 minute game feel like four hours difficulty. There's no one (or handful) of moment(s) I can pick out, because they're all throughout the game.

This is trying to be RE 4-2, but it's not even close to being as good.
    How about that part in Chapter 6 where you finally manage to snipe all those bastards, who are shooting one-hit death arrows at you from above, while you are simultaneously killing zombies on the ground, and then...SURPRISE...you get to deal with another chainsaw dude.

Chapter 15 is fun too, chainsaw dude with a rocket launcher!

This is my game of the year so far as well, and I actually like it better than Resident Evil 4.

Oh and on the topic of the "black bars, it's pretty cool that they patched that for the PC...but honestly, I never even notice they're there while I'm playing the game. It's such a huge non-issue for me.

7. I have to ask - I'm extremely excited to play this game, but I don't have anything that could play it other than a PS3. Is the PS3 version good enough not to hurt the experience? I'm mainly worried about how its supposedly long loading times will affect Akumu mode, which is one of the things I'm most excited for.

I finished it this morning, and I think it's better than RE4 as well. I wonder how much harder not using the green gel made the game. I figure doing that on Survival was as hard as I could make the game on the first play through. I will likely go back for Nightmare, but I'm not so sure about Akumu. I just don't have time to replay hours if I screw up.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I finished it this morning, and I think it's better than RE4 as well. I wonder how much harder not using the green gel made the game. I figure doing that on Survival was as hard as I could make the game on the first play through. I will likely go back for Nightmare, but I'm not so sure about Akumu. I just don't have time to replay hours if I screw up.
    If you don't have the time to replay hours of the game, try out the new game+. Starting off with all your weapons and the rocket launcher make it a vastly different experience. I skipped over most of Chapter 3, by sniping the shooter on the stairs, and the Rocket Launcher makes mince meat out of those "unbeatable bosses" that you have to run from in the first go around. I know it's not challenging this way, but it's a good way to re-experience all the levels and the story in just a few hours.

After NG+, I really want to try Akumu mode!

10. Today's Steam sale has this for $20 on PC.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.