Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: The Evil Within (PC, PS3/4, Xbox/360)

The title is The Evil Within. There's a live action trailer at the link as well.

edit: The press release has the platforms and a 2014 release date.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 19 Apr 2013 at 09:06 AM.

2. That's a mighty generic title. It almost sounds like a less engrishy phrasing of Resident Evil.

More from Bethesda Japan via Eurogamer:

According to Bethesda Japan (via Gematsu), The Evil Within - or Psychobreak as it's called in Japan - is being developed on id Tech 5 engine. It stars a detective named Sebastian who arrives at the scene of a gruesome mass murder where his fellow police officers are slaughtered by some mysterious malevolent force. Sebastian inevitably finds himself in a world full of monsters, as one is wont to do in a Shinji Mikami game.

Bethesda is touting The Evil Within as "a return to pure survival horror" and players will have to make do with limited resources, just like in the old days of Resident Evil. Traps will play a large role as the environments will be riddled with them, but they can also be used against enemies.

The environments will transform, too, in a Silent Hill-esque fashion. The layouts will warp and distort based on the player's actions, though it's unclear how exactly the player will influence this and whether or not it'll be scripted.

4. So basically, sorry, ATI kiddos. You have til 2014 to get rid of your Radeon.

5. I'm not foaming at the mouth for this but it looks interesting enough, seems like the perfect fusion of Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

The lettering of the title reminds me of Evil Dead's as well.

6. Unless AMD suddenly steps their OpenGL game up!

I'm pumped for this.

7. Screenshots show some promise since they're from, you know, the game:

8. Yeah, I think I'm into this.

9. Looks Lovecraftian.

I'm in.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. Psychobreak is a pretty great name.