Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: The Evil Within (PC, PS3/4, Xbox/360)

More details

I think it's time to blackout this one, as it's literally #1 on my day one list, so anything I see between now and 2014 will just spoil it.

2014 is going to kick so much ass.

3. Yeah, I'm feeling it. It seems like this has everything a horror game could have going for it.

That butcher is creepy as fuck. Want!
    I took all your French Toast.

5. Here's a direct feed of that demo.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/27/th...eplay-footage/

6. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...e-of-re-remake

RE4 was the way it was because REmake bombed. I think RE0 did even worse.

I wonder how REmake would have done on PS2...

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I wonder how REmake would have done on PS2...
    That raises an interesting question. Would I have been willing to downgrade REmake in order to maintain the heart of the series going forward? I probably wouldn't have had to buy 4 and 5 a bunch of times each to find a playable version had they stayed pure horror.

8. Would REmake have been a downgrade? The backgrounds were pre-rendered and lighting was baked; PS2 could handle that just fine.

RE4 was a downgrade on PS2 but still looked and played great. That's where I played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Would REmake have been a downgrade? The backgrounds were pre-rendered and lighting was baked; PS2 could handle that just fine.
    You may be right, but the GC was a lot more powerful than the PS2, so I'm still not 100% sure.

RE4 was a downgrade on PS2 but still looked and played great. That's where I played it.
    I played it everywhere but on PC. I couldn't bring myself to finish it until the Wii version though.

10. The GC was easier to develop for but not necessarily a lot more powerful.