Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: The Evil Within (PC, PS3/4, Xbox/360)

1. This reminds me that I still haven't finished Outlast. I hope it's equally as terrifying in a more twisted, shining blood getting off an elevator, type of way. Because it totally looks that way from the trailer!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It might not be a next gen showcase but I'm still pretty excited for this one.
    The horror aspect looks great, for sure. I just fucking HATE 360/PS3 hair.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    The horror aspect looks great, for sure. I just fucking HATE 360/PS3 hair.
    You're not wrong. Even a lot of the textures and models leave this looking more like the usual PC port enhancements rather than something next gen. I get the feeling that next-gen was added to the agenda pretty late in the game.

But it's not going to ruin a good game for me, and I'll still get it for PS4 because I'm sure it'll be a little better.

4. I have to say, this really does look pretty bad. Still looking forward to playing it though.

At first I thought this was getting bumped to 2015 too, but it's only moving from its nonsensical August date to the cliched October one instead.

I can't say I expected 4GB of VRAM to be recommended for a cross generational game.

8. Yeah, it's a bit of a surprise to me too. Someone on GAF suggested that the new-gen and PC versions might not be using texture streaming at all and just stuffing a huge amount of vram, killing all pop-in. I'd be okay with that but ideally the port will have options.

I'm going to try it with my 660 ti, but I might have a 970 by the following weekend if that doesn't work out. If I'm going to make a crazy unplanned upgrade, it might as well be for a Mikami game. Plus I might be ready for The Witcher 3 that way.

10. CBOAT on GAF claims the PC port is not done by Tango, but instead an external studio, and will be capped at 30fps.

This is a letdown. Not enough of one to skip what could be GOTY, but a letdown. It'll be nice when more Japanese devs start making framerate-independent games. Hopefully I'm jumping the gun by assuming this game's framerate and logic are tied, but I don't expect that (and thus an easy patch) to be the case.