Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Evil Within (PC, PS3/4, Xbox/360)

The Evil Within (PC, PS3/4, Xbox/360)

Quote Originally Posted by RPS
    Bethesda have just announced a new spoooooky game they’re publishing, from Tango Gameworks (recently bought by Bethesda parent company Zenimax). It’s called Zwei (that’s German for two, of course) and will be a survival horror directed by Shinji Mikami, the creator of Resident Evil. Which sounds like good pedigree.

According to Tango, the title is a codename for the project, rather than something final. Although when you announce your game with a name, changing it is a bloody stupid idea, so I’d expect this one (well, two) to stick.

Bethsoft have yet to confirm which platforms the game will be for, but they very rarely release anything that isn’t on PC. And while survival horror was once mostly found on console, that’s changed over the last couple of years.

The game will be, we’re assured, “pure survival horror”, and will “push the limits of fear and exhilaration.” Mikami adds,

“I’ve found my focus and once again I’m striving for pure survival horror. I am being very hands-on in the development of this game to ensure that the quality is there. Rest assured.”

Mikami’s odd modesty here ignores how well received was 2010′s Vanquish, and last year’s Shadows Of The Damned wasn’t exactly hated.
    With Resident Evil bailing out, and Silent Hill going to hell (and not in the good original game way), I'm really rooting for Mikami to come through here. I also hope it goes to next gen consoles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zwei.jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	65526  
    Last edited by Yoshi; 19 Apr 2013 at 09:05 AM.

2. Nothing for me tonight, I hope tomorrow night is better!

This will finally be officially announced tomorrow and is apparently where the resources previously working on Skyrim DLC have been redirected, which means it's bigger than I originally anticipated.

4. NEIN

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This will finally be officially announced tomorrow and is apparently where the resources previously working on Skyrim DLC have been redirected, which means it's bigger than I originally anticipated.
    Bethesda announced the Skyrim team moving on to their next project and teased the unveiling of this in seperate posts on the same day, but I don't think the two are connected or that the Skyrim team will be working on this.

Tango is basically the Vanquish team, which has me excited right off the bat. After Vanquish was released, that whole team at Platinum was disbanded and Mikami opened Tango with all the key staff members he worked with at Platinum.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 18 Apr 2013 at 04:25 PM.

6. My frothing demand for this game increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Bethesda announced the Skyrim team moving on to their next project and teased the unveiling of this in seperate posts on the same day, but I don't think the two are connected or that the Skyrim team will be working on this.

Tango is basically the Vanquish team, which has me excited right off the bat. After Vanquish was released, that whole team at Platinum was disbanded and Mikami opened Tango with all the key staff members he worked with at Platinum.
    Frankly either scenario makes this a day one purchase, so we really can't lose.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Frankly either scenario makes this a day one purchase, so we really can't lose.
    Yeah, and it's not really an either/or scenario. The Tango thing is a fact, so if Zenimax is throwing extra support at them, that's just gravy.

Vanquish was for sure one of the best Japanese games of the gen, and I have a lot of faith in that team (which also has a lot of overlap with the RE4 team. Pretty killer legacy).

9. Has Mikami made a bad game yet? I hear he wasn't that involved with Shadows of the Damned, so can't blame him for that one.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. Depends how you feel about God Hand and PN03. They have their proponents, of course, but so does Shadows of the Damned.

But yeah, he wasn't that involved in Shadows on a day-to-day basis.