Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Evil Within (PC, PS3/4, Xbox/360)

1. Joust is wrong about RE5 in reverse. Singleplayer first time through on normal is fine, but you really need to play the harder difficulties in co-op. The Sheva AI just can't handle it on anything else but normal.

2. I never played that game by myself at all because I heard the AI was so bad.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm not claiming this is right, but I know I am not going to play any modern (post-2000) game three times, because it has yet to happen a single time. Thus, I generally look at what can be done in one or two play thoughs. In this case, the second play through will be on the unlockable hardest difficulty. I sure as hell don't want limited abilities and extra challenge during that, so I'll go for those on the easier, first go-round.
    That makes sense and reminds me of a question I had for Magplaid: when you start up NewGame+ (btw, thanks for mentioning that this exists, I like that!), can you run through a higher difficulty with your new stuff or do you just do the same difficulty again?

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Yeah but maybe part of that is your first run sours you on the game because you try too hard to do everything.
    This was my initial thought and the reason I asked the question, only because I know if I personally get frustrated with a game early on there's usually little chance I'll finish it even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Singleplayer first time through on normal is fine, but you really need to play the harder difficulties in co-op. The Sheva AI just can't handle it on anything else but normal.
    This was how I did RE5, which was a pretty good game btw. Mr.Whitefolks and I busted through it a second time and it was the definitive way to experience it.

4. Masochism as game all up in this thread

Just buy some handcuffs.
    Boo, Hiss.

Speaking of massochism, the box head part at the end of Chapter 7 was awful for me, thanks in part to the ammo I happened to have left at that point.

Chapter 9 was easily the best one yet. There have been some frustrating parts, but I keep getting pulled back in to try again or make more progress.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Chapter 9 was easily the best one yet. There have been some frustrating parts, but I keep getting pulled back in to try again or make more progress.
    Yes, that's the best part about this game. No matter how many times you die, it doesn't get frustrating to the point where you feel like giving up. You always feel like you can tweak your strategy and do just a little bit better the next time.

This is what I call a patch.

9. It fixes a busted game? That is a patch for sure

If only NFS Rivals could do the same

The game wasn't even remotely "busted" before, but now it's a virtual lock for the best game of the year.