Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayman Legends (PS3, Wii U, 360, etc.)

1. Not digging on the perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If this doesn't bring a smile to your face, you have no soul:
    this game is going to be really good...

Also Game Freak should hire whoever's doing the music for this game to work on HarmoKnight 2. And also they should stop making Pokomon games.
    Donk

4. No surprise, but it's still good to see clear confirmation that this great-looking game will be available on the Vita.

Using the rear touch pad to avoid blocking the player's view of the screen could be a good idea.

Yay!

Origins was amazing on the Vita. Can't wait.

Yep, and although I'm glad it's getting home ports I will play it so much more on the handheld.

8. Ubisoft Montpellier previewed Rayman Legends last week, revealing a bunch of new features added to the game:

http://www.destructoid.com/wii-u-del...s-258241.phtml
    Series creator Michel Ancel called Legends "the biggest Rayman game ever," as well as the most polished. There was trepidation even at Ubisoft Montpellier when the game got pushed back because, Ancel noted, the team "didn't hear about how [they] would be able to use that time." Turns out, they were able to cram quite a few more things into Legends, along with churning out several excellent ports.

In addition to the addictive Kung Foot minigame I posted about earlier, Legends has gained "Invasion" levels, an antagonistic appearance by Dark Rayman, new 3D bosses, and complete remasters of the team's favorite levels from Rayman Origins.

"When we look at it now, honestly, the delay was a good thing," lead game designer Emile Morel said. "Right now, I don't see what more we could add to it." Seems all these recent months spent weren't idly wasted on thumb twiddling, because Legends is bloated with great content.

The Invasion levels are a mixture of existing assets. Legends is separated into different, self-contained worlds, each meant to "feel like an adventure," and provide some of the cohesion and framing its predecessor lacked. In the Invasion levels, the disparate worlds collide in an unholy union. Each main level has its own Invasion level that will unlock at various points in the game when it can be assumed your skills are up to snuff; for example, an early Invasion level might not unlock until you clear a more challenging world.

Each Invasion has a 60-second time limit in which to save three Teensies that are strapped to bottle rockets at the end of the level. If your seconds start spilling over, Teensies start getting astronomical with a punctuality that Nicholas Cage would admire. 60 seconds.

These challenging, fast-paced levels seem to be a nice analog for some of my favorite Origins levels, the rhythmic chest chasing levels. They require deft timing. Things get complicated in harder Invasion levels when Dark Rayman begins tailing you and you have to avoid him without sacrificing momentum or timing.

As for the remastered Origins levels, "some of the levels we changed them almost entirely," associate producer Greg Hermittant noted. I played a few of the early ones which were much intact, save for the aesthetic boost with Legends' look and lighting, and the addition of Teensies to save scattered throughout the levels. Apparently some Murfy functionality was even added to some of the remastered Origins levels.

"When they asked me what's the best version," Morel said, "pick the system you like to play on." Indeed, the main dividing factor in the Rayman Legends experience comes down to whether you want to use a touchscreen or not. While I find the touch screen functional to be novel, I also find it slows the game down more than the traditional controls, in which Murfy is mapped to a face button and will automatically go approximately where he should be.

"We wanted to make sure when players start a level with Murfy they wouldn't groan and want a more classical level," Morel explained. "We want to keep the rhythm of Rayman." Using Murfy with the Xbox controller was relatively painless. "You have one more button to press, but you can play very fast." Having to occasionally watch out and direct Murfy definitely added a new wrinkle that I could sort of appreciate as I got into the groove and worked the extra layer into my strategy (I did all the speed runs in Origins), though I'm still hard pressed to say the addition is entirely wanted.

The 3D bosses at the end of each world also add a small, but welcomed layer to the experience. At the end of the newly shown off Fiesta de los Muertos -- which you play much through after having been transformed into a chicken -- you fight a giant, 3D luchador who menacingly sits behind the field of play and tries to squash you with his fist.
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/802...ls-from-rayman
    Rayman Legends includes an incredible bonus: most of Rayman Origins.

About 40 levels from Origins will make a reappearance in Legends as part of an unlockable "Back to Origins" chapter. According to series creator Michel Ancel, the team wanted to include this bonus because "Rayman Origins doesn't exist on Wii U." He told us "it's a way for those players to play the game in HD. And because it was already done, we gave them away for free."

Although originally designed with the Wii U audience in mind, the bonus content is available on every platform Legends will release on: PS3, Xbox 360, and Vita.

The selection will comprise of "the best levels" of Origins, and each level will be "remastered" with new features. The classic stages will incorporate the new lighting engine of Legends, and will also integrate touch-specific features for Murfy on Wii U and Vita. The levels have also been modified "to make sure that players who already knew these levels would still be entertained when playing them."

10. Ubisoft has recently released a Rayman Legends demo for PS3 and 360, with the three stages previously released on the Wii U demo. Definitely check them out, it's an amazing-looking game that's fun to play.