Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819 LastLast

Thread: Rayman Legends (PS3, Wii U, 360, etc.)

1. peecee ftw

2. I'll be picking up the Wii U version of this...not for the touch screen gamepad support...but because I like the blue Wii U cases better than the neon green Xbox 360 cases.

3. For those folks looking to get this on the Vita, it would seem all of the invasion levels have been left out of the Vita version of the game.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. lol, Vita.

Origins was amazing on Vita. I'm definitely considering Legends on Vita first since it has the Wii U levels but on a good touchscreen. Dunno what the final word will be on the invasion levels, but I don't care much since I'll double dip after the game bombs nasty.

6. The Invasion levels are awesome and add a lot to the replay value. Weird that they'd be taken out - I hope they're put in with a patch or as free DLC later.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. It's basically Rayman Origins, but much prettier (wasn't sold on the newer look until the Challenges app). I mean, holy hell its amazing. And the fact that their engine is supposedly scalable, and something they wanna get into the hands of other devs... that would be nuts. Game is same kinds of crazy, fun, fluid, inventive, toe-tapping levels though. Difficulty spikes about the same way too.

Biggest difference are all those challenge-style stages. Invasions, sprints, catch-up to the Thingie (much like those chest stages before). Then the global leaderboards tied to daily and weekly challenges. Very heavy on the social hooks - not only can you see leaderboards, but then send challenges directly to people on your friends list.

Interface is different from Origins. I missed it's world map - Legends puts everything in galleries with paintings that send you to stages. Also, stages don't have to be tackled in a linear fashion anymore. You rescue enough Teensies and another stage opens. I've only finished World 2 and only one world has yet to be unlocked. Its a nice idea after a fashion - when I was getting tired of normal stages, I could do a bunch of rescues back to back, or if I wanted to skip a Murphy stage to handle later, there was that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Kinda offtopic, but there's another game using this engine that's in development: a JRPG- and storybook-inspired RPG called Child of Light: http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/19/463...-inspired-jrpg

9. Apparently the Vita version lacks the Invasion levels, which makes me one sad panda. But then again I didn't like Origins as much as I thought I would.

WE INTERRUPT YOUR WHINING FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Quote Originally Posted by Ubisoft
    Ubisoft Official Statement:

Thanks so much for you passion about this game. I'm currently playing the Vita version and loving it. That said, I know some of you have questions about the Vita version, so here's what's going on: Due to a longer development time than expected, we couldn’t initially include the Invasion Mode – essentially, a second take on existing Rayman Legends maps -- in the Vita version of the game. However, we can confirm that the Invasion Mode will be added via a free patch, at a later date. With more than 100 levels, online Coop and challenges, Kung-Foot mini-game, 5 exclusive touch challenges developed specifically for the VITA and 2 exclusive costumes, Rayman Legends already includes a lot for customers to love, and features the same outstanding graphics and gameplay design as the home console versions.
    NOW BACK TO COPS
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery