Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayman Legends (PS3, Wii U, 360, etc.)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Common sense is prevailing.
    A coworker just told me she got one for her kid this morning. My knee jerk reaction was "what the fuck for?" To which she responded "well the wii wasn't working, so we bought the new one". I just walked away.

The "she" killed most hope of common sense.

3. Yup. Idiots gonna idiot.

4. How will they implement the touch screen levels?
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

I hope all the touch screen shit is gone. I'm excited!

6. I hope they take it back to all-touchscreen and that you have to use Kinect and PSMove or you have to Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures the whole game

i don't really. I liked the touchscreen level in the demo, though. It's nice to have the gameplay change up a bit.
    Donk

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Quite frankly, it appears to be bombing. I was reading an article saying that sales were much lower than NOJ's expectations, and they fully realize they made a mistake of pushing out hardware with very little good software.
    I don't think it has to do with launch lineup - all launch games suck ass if you really look at the longview (how well those games sit 12-months to years later). Nintendo's mistake was not knowing what the fuck they wanted with this machine, so just started throwing all kinds of shit in. This makes it a very confusing experience (even to *gasp* hardcore gamers) and runs contrary to everything they did on the Wii. You may not have liked that system, but they released it with a clear design philosophy and goals.

The Wii U looks like they were just itching to get back into the hardcore's good graces. Cries of "HD" and "we've got third parties" don't matter because they weren't willing to lose a whole lot more money on the hardware and playing that arms race with MS and Sony. Plus devs don't give a fuck about putting an earnest effort into weak hardware - they're tech fetishists too. They would've been better off doing a lot of other things than they are doing now, but whatever - Nintendo made its bed and has to lay in it.

All said it'll still be a system to get for me. I want the first party stuff, Monster Hunter, blah blah blah. But even if its library does a 3DS and starts kicking ass, it shares the same fate as the 3DS - being a decent system that will never see the success of its predecessor. It's just gonna be another Gamecube.
    Last edited by Hero; 07 Feb 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. Gamecube has F-Zero though.

9. I'd take Gamecube over any of the current consoles.

10. Hell naw. But it's the best Nintendo platform since the GBA.