Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayman Legends (PS3, Wii U, 360, etc.)

Rayman Legends (PS3, Wii U, 360, etc.)

Low mentioned this now official sequel in the Origins thread, but the trailer needs more attention, since it also outs several unknown Wii U functions, which is why it was yanked from YouTube.

2. The NFC stuff is no secret.

I was telling my wife about it on the way to lunch, and she goes, "So it's more gimmicky Nintendo shit."

Technically it's built-in Skylanders tech that's been proved to make a ton of money with the kiddies.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Technically it's built-in Skylanders tech that's been proved to make a ton of money with the kiddies.

Yep. Not really looking forward to everyone jumping on the action figure mircotransaction bandwagon. You know Pokemon Wii U is going to employ this along with dozens of other companies eating up shelf space.

6. It's a fad. Give it a year or two, it'll go the way of plastic instrument controllers without ever being 1/3 as fun or interesting.

James

7. Maybe. It also caters to a young group that could grow it into a genre (granted fickle and fad driven) and another department store section that can add this functionality without overboard accessory pricing (every toy as it is has a online flash game linked to product registering).

It's such a passing fad that Nintendo has the feature built-in default on their next console.

It's pretty fucking smart. DLC with a physical component that appeals to the whiny little brats that are Nintendo's target demographic. I'm calling it now saying that all of Nintendo's properties like Mario Kart, Smash Bros., etc. that can possibly support this feature will much in the same way DLC does for other games.

If it continues to make Skylander money get ready for Sony and MS to jump on the bandwagon in a year or two. Kinect and Playstation Eye compatible.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post

It's pretty fucking smart. DLC with a physical component that appeals to the whiny little brats that are Nintendo's target demographic. I'm calling it now saying that all of Nintendo's properties like Mario Kart, Smash Bros., etc. that can possibly support this feature will much in the same way DLC does for other games.
    Why stop there? Hello Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe, etc.

10. So 10 games come out over the holiday season supporting this, each with 20+ toys available in their own individual lines. I'm not picturing retails lining up in droves to devote this much shelf space to them. One or two get lucky (Pokemon, duh) and the rest fall by the wayside. 3rd party publishers get tired of the idea eventually, after Nintendo steamrolls them, and the fad ends. We've seen this a million times.

James