Thread: Sequence: Basically Stepmania the RPG

1. Sequence: Basically Stepmania the RPG

Were you big in the rhythm game fad ten or so years ago?

Did you develop superhuman skill at timing key-presses to the movement of arrows and think you'll never find another purpose for such a useless skill?

Did your Stepmania folder have a few thousand songs in it?

If yes, you should try this video game.

Here's a demo thing:

Bought it in the Steam sale. It's a fairly fresh idea that should be inspiration to that kid at Dave & Busters with the raver pants that punches the machine and curses when he's one step off from AAA-ing MAX 300 MULTIPLEX LOVE YOUR FOREVER or whatever. Go make something, raver kid!

I'm having fun with it. Maybe you will, too.

That voiceover script had some real wit to it.

It did not in any way make me want to do this:

3. The guy on GAF that made this gave out thousands upon thousands of free copies over there. It's a pretty cool game.

Oh hey I got one of those.

Never used it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. The controls aren't very tight it seems like, at least on the Xbox controller.

But it's a great idea for a game and the writing is good

6. Ronald Jenkees soundtrack = automatic points.

7. This game annoys me because I always feel like I'm playing with the wrong controller. I don't know how else to explain it.

8. My method on PC: arrows with the right hand, switching and spells with the left on Q, E, and the numbers. Works pretty well.

Next step: dancepad and a 360 controller. WOO.

I use the 360 wired controller and it works great. Dpad and face buttons for the arrows, the triggers to change the step areas, bumpers to trigger spells, and left or right analog to select a spell, depending on which hand is not busy. Maybe they've patched it since release but playing it today it felt absolutely fine on the default controls.

Really fun game so far, btw, I kind of feel bad for putting it off for so long after the dude gave it away for free =X Good writing, good voice acting, decent art style... not too shabby.

I don't know how many people would be really into it but it just does a lot of things I happen to like right.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

I support a general thinning of cosplayers, so this game has value.