Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target to clearance Kindle Fire Starting 5/3

1. Target to clearance Kindle Fire Starting 5/3

Stolen from CAG.

Target is no longer going to carry Amazon products and will have the Fire and other kindle e-readers on clearance starting tomorrow.
    The Fire will begin its cycle at 30% off, then move to 50% and 75% in the following weeks.

I was heavily leaning towards the fire when i was debating whether to get that or the nook tablet. Im glad i went with the nook thanks to its faster processor, more ram, and memory expansion. That said, if i can get a fire for $100 i certainly will. I doubt they will last long enough to get that cheap though. I certainly wouldnt expect to get one for $50.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out. Around here, I don't think it will last until it reaches $100 either but it doesn't hurt to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

I'd bet money that the Target closest to me won't even make it to Friday, let alone $100.

I bet no one at my target will be buying one. I might go buy all of them in a week or so.

5. People can barely read in Baltimore.

I love my Kindle Fire. Digitally delivered magazines rock tits without having me change my address every fucking time I move.

6. I have never understood the Kindle Fire's success. It's under-powered. Its storage capacity is underwhelming with no way for any expansion. It doesn't have a regular tablet interface for tablet users, and it doesn't have e-ink for e-reader enthusiasts. Sure, it's cheap compared to the iPad, but so are a lot of other tablets that offer more.

7. I bought it to read books. It does that job fine.

8. That's what I'm planning to do. Got a bunch of PDF ebooks about web design and a ton of train-riding time.

9. I find reading PDFs on a 7in reader to be impractical. YMMV.