Page 1 of 22 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (3DS, PC, PS3, PSV, 360, Wii U)

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (3DS, PC, PS3, PSV, 360, Wii U)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Sega has announced Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, an arcade racer featuring cars, planes and boats.

The game will launch for Nintendo 3DS, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita [Wii U] and Xbox 360 in "late" 2012.

Transformed, the sequel to 2010 racer Sonic & All-Stars Racing, adds the ability to shift your car Mario Kart 7/Chitty Chitty Bang Bang-style into a boat or plane for aquatic or aerial sections of the track.

You'll be able to barrel-roll in mid-air, too.

It's being developed by OutRun and Sonic & All-Stars Racing creator Sumo Digital, under the guidance of former Bizarre Creations design manager Gareth Wilson. "This is a massive, massive budget title," Wilson, who worked on Blur and the Project Gotham Racing series while at Bizarre, told Eurogamer.

Racers include the usual cast of faces: Sonic, Dr Eggman, AiAi from Super Monkey Ball, along with some Sega fan-favourites: Vyse from Skies of Arcadia (Oh-Em-Gee!) and Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe.

Super Monkey Ball and Panzer Dragoon-inspired tracks are shown in the new screenshots, below.

Powerful All-Star moves will return, awarded when you fill your All-Star meter through "daring and stylish" play.

Eurogamer's Oli Welsh has already peered at the game - read his thoughts in our just-published Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed preview.
    I love the idea of the Blur and Project Gotham talent being involved, as well as the inclusion of a Panzer Dragoon track.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 16 Nov 2012 at 02:09 PM.

2. The first one actually had some good stuff in it, so there's a decent possibility of this being a solid B+ of a game.

And no blue shells.

4. All-Stars is such a horrible title, I wish they would stop using it for videogame mash-ups.

5. Especially when the company leaves out most of its all-stars. Note to Sega: Sonic's friends are not all-stars.

6. Needs more forklift.

7. I'm sure all the racers from the first will be back, so you'll get that.

One of the devs of this said in an interview that tracks will be one per franchise this time around, which fixes my biggest complaint about the first. There were 24 tracks, but they only represented 6 franchises, so there wasn't a lot of variety in scenery.

8. I'd love to see more classic characters. Vyse being there is awesome, but I'd love to see Alex Kidd, VectorMan, a Burning Ranger or some other cool characters. Sega seems to think that Gilius Thunderhead is the public spokesman for all its classic characters. He's all they ever include.

9. Th' fuck ya talkin' about, man? Alex Kidd was in the first. Along with Opa-Opa, Mobo & Robo from Bonanza Bros, Jacky & Akira from VF, and Zobio & Zobiko from a JP-only House of the Dead game. They covered the classic stuff and obscuria pretty well and I'm sure they'll dig deeper with this one.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 01 May 2012 at 06:00 PM.

I hope the trailer's music is indicative of the game's soundtrack. Dubstep remixes classic Sega music would be great. No it wouldn't.

In all seriousness, though, I rather liked the first despite the lack of online on PC. Here's hoping that this time, the PC version has that basic feature.