Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Banner Saga - SRPG Kickstarter project

1. The Banner Saga - SRPG Kickstarter project

LOOK AT IT

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...e-banner-saga/

I don't know much about this. Some ex-Bioware people, a free multiplayer release with a paid-for single-player mode to come later. Platforms unannounced.

From the official site:

What is The Banner Saga?

Short answer: role-playing meets turn-based strategy, wrapped into an adventure mini-series about vikings.

Travel through stunning landscapes straight out of an animated film as your party escapes what could be the end of everything. Battle painstakingly hand-animated foes in strategic, turn-based combat. Make decisions with real consequences in conversations with people you'll actually care about.

The Banner Saga is a mature game aimed at gamers who appreciate art, story and strategy. Hope you'll join the caravan.

edit: The Kickstarter project just went live: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...he-banner-saga
    $100,000 goal by April 20th.
    Last edited by epmode; 19 Mar 2012 at 10:39 AM.

2. It looks like a Flash cartoon.

3. Seriously, when you said OMG animation I expected something fucking beautiful. Not that.

4. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    It looks like a Flash cartoon.
    You look like a Flash cartoon.

Flashy vector animation sure looked good in Rayman Origins so I can get used to it. And there's a bunch of frame animation in the battle scenes, apparently.

5. This looks really good... anyone who complains is also forgetting that it's FREE.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

6. Being free doesn't make anything look any better ever.

7. I think the art is neat and I have a thing for SRPGs. And this kind of came out of nowhere. Maybe it'll even be good!

8. Bioware games suck dick in the sort of number crunching stuff that really matters in a SRPG. So I don't see that as a plus.

Graphics look nice but that doesnt mean a whole bunch.

9. I bet they left Bioware because Bioware couldn't make an SRPG to save their lives. It's all so clear now.

In other news, I'd really like to play another Advance Wars!

Did you play them all? I never even touched the first DS game or Days of Ruin. Play those.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery