Thread: Yakuza Restoration (PS3, PS4, PSV)

Yakuza Restoration (PS3, PS4, PSV)

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    The details are slim, as one would expect when discussing the Yakuza, but we do know a new installment in the Japanese gangster series is in the works. Sega recently announced Yakuza Restoration, but further information ends there. Siliconera caught wind of the new game, which will be detailed in Japan's Famitsu publication later this week.

The previous Yakuza installment, Yakuza 5, was released in Japan in December of 2012. The last installment to operate overseas was Yakuza 4 in 2011. No word or whispers yet if Yakuza Restoration will set up overseas.
    Link

Since the odds of a PC release are essentially nil, I can't decide if I'd rather have this on Vita or PS4.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 09 Sep 2013 at 11:06 AM.

2. I can. Vita is cool and all but really, why does anyone prefer these types of games there?

I think Yakuza could work in portable-sized chunks because of the mission structure. Plus, I have trouble getting motivated to turn on consoles to actually finish anything. I think I've finished a whopping two current gen console games this year or something ridiculous like that.

So it turns out the PS4 vs. Vita discussion is moot. It's coming to both, along with the PS3. The potential bad news is that it's another period piece, which may mean it won't come west.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Box
    Dengeki PlayStation revealed that Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin [Yakuza: Ishin] will run at 60fps in 1080p on the PS4.

6. Yakuza games have ever looked great, though.