Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP

1. Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP

Anyone heard about this one?

Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP (yes, that's the correct spelling) is an adventure game in the style of Karateka and Out of This World. The developer home page describes it as "A 21st century update to the pioneering works of Miyamoto, Mechner & Chahi." It's being designed specially for the iPad, with iPhone/iPod Touch versions to follow.

The developer is Capybara Games, an outstanding little Canadian company responsible for my favorite Nintendo DS game of all time, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, and some other quality puzzle titles. The level of quality for iPad games is really starting to go up, and this game is just further evidence of that.

Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.PNG 
Views:	112 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	59332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.PNG 
Views:	118 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	59333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.PNG 
Views:	118 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	59334  
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Here's a thought. I've been with my chick on and off since she was sixteen. We are in our 30s now. Does it make me a pedo if I fantasize about her 16 year old self?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Here's a thought. I've been with my chick on and off since she was sixteen. We are in our 30s now. Does it make me a pedo if I fantasize about her 16 year old self?
    Keep it on topic.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

4. I've been keeping an eye on it, as I love Superbrothers' art and Capy makes quality games, but alas, I don't own the machines to play it on.

Here's a nice illustrated editorial on game design by Superbrothers.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 20 Dec 2010 at 07:54 PM.

I'd be interested if it was coming for a real platform.

6. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Anyone heard about this one?
    Yes, actually. Love Capybara and have been following them and this title for some time now (the second moonlit lake screenshot is my desktop image at work). Really interested in this and especially at the fact that (I think) this game is going to have its own native iPad resolution and not be blown up like it would be if it were just an iPhone app. Looks super gorgeous and the company is pretty cool, too.

It's a shame I don't have an iPad (and missed it, too, the person next to me at work scored one from the Christmas party). Looks great, honestly.

7. Critter Crunch was a solid puzzler. I'm still waiting for the PSN version of Clash of Heroes.

This game is taking inspiration from the right places, but yeah, not sure I give a crap unless it makes its way onto a non-Apple platform.

8. Clash of Heroes is really, really good even though no one played it. This looks rad too. I don't have an iPad though, soooo

9. None of these types of games stay on just one platform. I'm sure it will make its way to PC, XBLA, and PSN eventually.

I'm just happy that the iPad is getting its very own Chahi-style platformer.

Awesome, I'll definitely go for this on the iphone.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery