Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ys Origin: Adol Who? Available on Steam

Ys Origin: Adol Who? Available on Steam

Falcom's PC game Ys Origin finally has an official translation and is now available on Steam.

Ys Origin Official Site

700 years before the events of Ys I & II, the land of Ys was on the brink of destruction. Demons came in droves and forced the twin Goddesses who ruled the land to whisk their subjects away from the surface, into the safe embrace of the clouds. The demons were persistent, however, erecting a massive tower in pursuit. The battle that raged upon the ground had begun ascending for a second round up above.One day, amidst this turmoil, the Goddesses stole away into the night, vanishing from Ys altogether. And there's only one place they could have gone: the Devil's Tower.

A search party of knights and sorcerers was hastily formed and dispatched to the surface in hopes of retrieving these runaway deities. Among its members were apprentice knight Yunica Tovah and troubled sorcerer Hugo Fact.

This is their story. Or at least, it's how each of them remembers it.

Expanding upon the gameplay elements introduced in Ys: The Ark of Napishtim and further developed in Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Ys Origin perfects the formula by adding different styles of play and new features never before seen in the Ys universe. Best described as an arcade-like platformer RPG with Metroidvania elements and a complex, multi-faceted narrative, Ys Origin is the perfect mix of action, exploration and story. Screen-filling bosses with complex AI, unique platforming elements, innovative puzzles and a deeply involving mystery await within the wildly varied confines of this classic Ys dungeon.

Come see how long you can last in the Devil's Tower...
    Falcom has pretty much mastered the art of making an action RPG. Definitely worth a purchase for only $19.99.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ys_origin.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	65989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ys_origin1.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	65990  
    Last edited by Mzo; 31 May 2012 at 02:06 PM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Vita port, please.

3. Will wait for it to be $2.50 during a sale.
    no way in hell will I wait, but you know it will

4. I will, too busy with NES and Diablo.

Heck, I might buy it on Steam anyway just to give Falcom money. What are the system requirements? My PC is pathetic.

6. Can you run Mine Sweeper?

Yes!

I think my most advanced PC game is Freespace 2. Or the first Max Payne.

Falcom and Xseed deserve all of your monies; make it happen.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

This is the 51st game on my Steam wishlist. I'm getting closer to admitting that I'm never going to catch up. And that's just buying them, let alone playing and finishing them.

10. Normally when I see the occasional Ys title it doesn't interest me, but the gameplay in that video looks pretty good. I might have to get this when it becomes the price SSJN predicts.