Thread: Tribes Ascend

1. Tribes Ascend

The new Tribes recently came out of Beta. It's aiming to be the "Free to Play" FPS of this generation. Not surprisingly, it shares many of the same structural similarities to other F2P games like League of Legends. The barrier of entry may be non-existent, but the only way to really become competitive is to either play continuously or pay up real moneys. Most of the classes, perks, gear, weapons and upgrades are locked away and require either a significant (read as: gratuitously huge) XP investment or a modest cash investment.

Regardless of the game's structure, it's quite a lot of fun. It's fast, frenetic, and allows for a large degree of manuevering finesse thanks to the jetpack/friction ski mechanics. It's not a game for the patient, or for campers. There's a few game modes up, but instead of rambling on about it, I might as well just link a video.

Gametrailers has a very good review as well here: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/tribes-ascend/14621

If you're already playing this, I haven't seen a thread for it, so here's my Account name. I don't know which it goes by, account name or profile name. DirkBogart is my profile name but my account name is Trialsword.

Also, I have a few free 250 Gold promo cards from PAX East that I can give to people who are interested. Only have a few though, and it's only 1 per account allowed. It's about enough to unlock one new weapon.

2. This game is great, despite the f2p grind. I've been playing since launch and enjoying it enough to throw 40 into it so far.

Also, I suggest decoupling jump and jetpack when it comes to binds.

Pretty sure I'm just "Tain".

3. I'm into this as well. Only put 10 bucks into it but really, if you like the game just go for the 40. Next time I play I know I will. This game is perfect when I get burned out on Battlefield 3. I go by "conrooks" in the game. I'll add anyone thats in this thread.

4. I'm either Chux or Chucker... at the worst ChuxBuster.

One of them.