Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target to clearance Kindle Fire Starting 5/3

1. Better than reading them on my 4.3" phone screen.

2. If I can find one dirt cheap, I'll bite. My kindle touch does just fine though.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    and it doesn't have e-ink for e-reader enthusiasts.
    This. Outdoor readability, and the way e-ink convincingly duplicates ink on paper, were big draws. If I wanted to read on a backlit screen, I have plenty of devices that already do that. That's why I don't get buying a Kindle Fire over a regular Kindle. But hey, there's obviously a market for it somewhere, I'm just clearly not it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. Does this thing do Comixology?

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I have never understood the Kindle Fire's success. It's under-powered. Its storage capacity is underwhelming with no way for any expansion. It doesn't have a regular tablet interface for tablet users, and it doesn't have e-ink for e-reader enthusiasts. Sure, it's cheap compared to the iPad, but so are a lot of other tablets that offer more.
    As you mentioned, it's much cheaper than any competitors, and had a better marketing push than any tablet except for the ipad. It appeals to a more casual marketplace that sees the Ipad as too expensive, good Android tablets as being not worth the money, and the other cheapass generic tablets as being laughably bad.

That being said, for strictly ebook reading I prefer my old b/w Kindle, I hate reading on LCDs for long periods of time. I'm not really the tablet's target audience, i'd rather have a stripped down laptop or netbook than a tablet.

6. Hey, so bullshit on this.

Looks like a few stores where chisel and slate outsell tablets were getting rid of them really cheap, but the rest of the developed world is waiting til after mother's day.

Maybe.

Boo on this.