Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TNL Movie Club - Collapse

1. TNL Movie Club - Collapse

Collapse

In an avant-garde soliloquy, investigative journalist Michael Ruppert details his unnerving theories about the inexorable link between energy depletion and the collapse of the economic system that supports the entire industrial world.
    I think this is important. It's only 80 minutes long.

It's more or less just a conversation with Michael Ruppert, but it's gripping stuff. If you think the world is headed for doom, this will reaffirm it - if you don't, this may make you ask yourself a few questions. Ultimately, it's information that should, at least, be considered.

If that sounds dumb: General Butt-Naked.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. I would recommend and have recommended this to anyone. It's one of the few films that I can say, without a trace of exaggeration, has changed my life.

It's not perfect, though. It is entirely self-concerned, being entertaining instead of informative when faced with a choice between the two. With the exception of the Hubbert footage, it doesn't bother to support any of Ruppert's claims, electing to flavor them with flashy cut-aways instead. If the intention was to paint a portrait of Ruppert, it doesn't do a particularly great job of that, either.

Still, riveting shit here.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 04 May 2012 at 12:10 PM.

I'm gonna go watch this now.

4. Don't have Netflix but do have Amazon Prime and this is on it. I'll watch next week.

5. I'm 42 minutes in.
    It's shit that you know, but don't want to think about.

6. "ah...we were talking about human ingenuity...?"

7. Any of you dicks watch this yet? Things are percolating in my head, but im going to watch it again tonight and then post.
    I hope someone else posts before that so its not me four posts in a row.

8. Yeah, man.

9. Doing what I do, and being so involved in the network of food distribution, I can tell you with all certainty, we are going to be forced to change our diets in our lifetime due to oil prices. The price of gas in the US has been kept artificially low for too long. Like any economic model, this will eventually result in a correction.

Expect some medium-to-high chaos.
    Boo, Hiss.

Change to what?