Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO's Girls

1. HBO's Girls

So, anyone else watching this? It's been getting high praises from critics and after watching the first four episodes, this show is pretty damn hilarious. While Sex and the City related to no one yet appealed to the masses, Girls is very grounded in reality of living life in New York after college. It's becoming one of my favorite shows on TV.

2. Sex and the City's appeal is obvious. It was a fantasy where a bunch of women fucked the hottest dudes in the city and shopped all day at the most expensive boutiques while doing no work.

3. I should have clarified that and just said it bothers me.

4. My opinion on the show: I hate Lena Dunham's face and tattoos.

5. I think I like the show but the characters aren't very likable at all. It's a long road to redemption for a hipster fundie, but I'm guessing that's the point of the show?

6. Peach and turquoise is the new orange & teal?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I thought I was going to absolutely despise it, but surprisingly it's likable and quite funny. I can't say i find a specific character sympathetic, but there are moments when i'm like "ahhh yeah. been there." All in all, an enjoyable watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Only the ugliest one is willing to show tits, on an HBO show no less.

For shame.

9. I wouldn't mind seeing Brian William's daughter in the wife position.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. I've never watched the show, but based on the poster is it Mamet's mammaries?